Spyder Garage

Default Having a blast........

I'm having a blast riding my new to me 2019 Ryker 900 ACE. Took a nice little after dinner ride tonight. Taking a back road, I passed a Doe, who just stood there and watched me go by. A little bit later I stopped for a minute. I happened to look down into the ditch running along side the road and saw a big old critter beating a hasty retreat into the brush. I only caught a glimpse of him, but I think he was beaver.

Got off the interstate after a bit onto another back road and passed the wheat fields. Enjoyed the wonderful aroma of summer wheat. A little while later I stopped for a second, and a covey of quail picked that time to scurry across the road. They were moving as fast as their little feet would work, and with that little quail antenna thing on top of their heads, I couldn't help by laugh.

Finally got home and put the Ryker to bed for the night. The things you see and smell when you're not surrounded by glass and metal.

Sleep tight all............
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Yep! Great to see you are having so much fun ..... not that I had any doubt that you would
    2014 ST-S SE5 Cognac
    2014 ST-S , Cognac

Spyder Garage

I can't wait to get my Spyder back from the shop. Got it a couple weeks ago and haven't been able to ride it yet.
    Got a 2008 Spyder GS SM5

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear you are enjoying the new Ryker. We also did an evening ride a couple days ago. Beautiful scenery, noticed the smells more than the day rides, saw a few more critters. We are also going to do more of the same.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I had a similar experience with a Whitetail doe the other evening. I saw her standing on the side of the road and I slowed down not knowing if there were more around. My experience with cars and other bikes is that they usually bolt when I slow down. This doe just stood her ground and looked at me. I finally came to a complete stop and she still stood there trying to figure out what I was. When I left she was in the same place flipping her tail.
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Spyder Garage

2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Glad to hear you are enjoying the new Ryker. We also did an evening ride a couple days ago. Beautiful scenery, noticed the smells more than the day rides, saw a few more critters. We are also going to do more of the same.
    For some reason it always seems as if there is far less wind in the evening then during the day.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Glad you are enjoying your daily rydes. Keep on ryding.
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    For some reason it always seems as if there is far less wind in the evening then during the day.

The Sun creates some of the wind we experience due to heating of the air. Warm air rises and cooler air above moves down. That's one of the reasons a lot of people go fishing on lakes early in the morning...the wind starts to pick up after the sunrise and makes the lake surface choppy.
    The reverse effect happens at night when the sun goes down.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    Fisherman call it the "evening calm."

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Good old Walleye Chop, when the wind is blowing. Glad you are having fun on the Ryker. I enjoy riding in the evening also. Iowa is a windy place.
    David Petrick
    Certified Professional Photographer
    2020 Limited Dark , Magma Red Black