Thread: Spyder burns?

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder burns?

Humility will be gone after this post...

Not sure if this is a thing. I was riding the other day. It was pretty hot, about 108 outside. After awhile, I was feeling really uncomfortable in the, ummm, upper inner crotchial region of my right leg. I couldn't get comfortable on the bike but had to get home. I was wearing jeans
    when riding. When I got home, I had a burn mark on the inside of my thigh about the size of a nickel that was open and deep. My wife is a nurse so she immediately sprang into action to take care of it. Here we are almost a week later, it's still there and still painful.

Has anybody ever had this happen? I know it doesn't get to 108 in many other places of the country.

I'll hang up and listen.
    Fred is a 2010 RT SM5 - Sold.

I am not a mechanic. When I have a tool in my hand, 911 needs to be on Standby.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by iridenow View Post
    Humility will be gone after this post...

Not sure if this is a thing. I was riding the other day. It was pretty hot, about 108 outside. After awhile, I was feeling really uncomfortable in the, ummm, upper inner crotchial region of my right leg. I couldn't get comfortable on the bike but had to get home. I was wearing jeans
    when riding. When I got home, I had a burn mark on the inside of my thigh about the size of a nickel that was open and deep. My wife is a nurse so she immediately sprang into action to take care of it. Here we are almost a week later, it's still there and still painful.

Has anybody ever had this happen? I know it doesn't get to 108 in many other places of the country.

I'll hang up and listen.
    This might occur with that type of Spyder ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

I'm no expert, but from what I've read, the 2010-2014 RTs had a heat issue. it's the reason the vent kit was created. The 2014-2019 moved the radiators and changed the venting to avoid this issue. The PO of my RTS put the vents on anyway and I've got no complaints about the heat.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

My 2008 Premium Edition had some serious heat issues, but nothing like that.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My wife rode her 2012 RT with a towel over the front of the seat in the hot weather. We got the 2013 heat vents and no more heat.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My 2012 RSS gave off what I thought was an extreme amount of heat. But nothing bad enough to leave a burn mark.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white