Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default CanAm Spyder Laser Alignments- Question to resolve

Ok, here goes....my first post question.
    When a Laser Alignment is performed on a Spyder, all shops that my research has found do not load the drivers weight onto the seat to load the suspension...…….suspension lowers causing TOE OUT.
    The BRP shop manual states to load drivers weight onto the seat plus weight of contents in front trunk.
    So why is it that the shops DO NOT load drivers weight onto the seat? Is there a graph out there for weight/alignment specs that I don`t know about?
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerchris1270 View Post
    Ok, here goes....my first post question.
    When a Laser Alignment is performed on a Spyder, all shops that my research has found do not load the drivers weight onto the seat to load the suspension...…….suspension lowers causing TOE OUT.
    The BRP shop manual states to load drivers weight onto the seat plus weight of contents in front trunk.
    So why is it that the shops DO NOT load drivers weight onto the seat? Is there a graph out there for weight/alignment specs that I don`t know about?
    When I align our Spyder, it is done with a person of applicable weight seated on it.

That was with my toe stick setup and works well. Recently I purchased a ROLO and BUDS setup. Still want to see how it compares, and if I move forward doing alignments for other Spyders.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    When I align our Spyder, it is done with a person of applicable weight seated on it.

That was with my toe stick setup and works well. Recently I purchased a ROLO and BUDS setup. Still want to see how it compares, and if I move forward doing alignments for other Spyders.
    Could you tell me the approximate cost of the Rolo Alignment Kit? Where did you buy it?
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerchris1270 View Post
    Could you tell me the approximate cost of the Rolo Alignment Kit? Where did you buy it?
    New is pretty steep, towards $2000. Unless you find a second hand setup, new from manufacturer is the only place to buy it.

Spyder Garage

Plus, BUDS. Or, come to Oklahoma, and I’ll do it for you. Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system