Spyder Garage

Default Does this tire make my butt look fat?

When the wife got her Spyder a couple months ago, it wasn't the first bike in the garage with a wide, square-shouldered tire on the back. I have been running my V Star 1300 "darkside" for three years now. Having to break up the riding season each year to put on a 200+ dollar tire got old quick. My last rear motorcycle tire (Metzler Marathon) survived less than 4,000 miles and was bald almost from edge-to-edge, with the last 1/8" inch of tread disappearing in one 80 mile ride! I've never gotten more than 6,000 out of any brand or style. Our roads are steep and curvy, the surfaces are often coarse, and my right wrist is heavy, so rubber disappears in a hurry. I threw a BF Goodrich on the back and have about 15,000 miles on it with a third of the useable tread left. Grip is tenacious and the braking power is fierce! Saved my bacon a couple times when the local wildlife wandered out in front of me.
    darkside.jpg
    darkside3.jpg

Spyder Garage

I was running two 15 inch light truck tires on the back of my old Sportster trike. 100,000 miles before they would show any wear.

Only problem with them is they would hook up too well and that left the belt as the weakest point in the drive system.
    Start popping wheelies hitting and the gears too hard, you would be buying a new belt.

2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

That is quite possibly the tidiest HD trike I've ever seen...ver' cool!

Spyder Garage

I run Darkside on my Victory Vision as well. Was an absolute no brainer for me to throw a CT on the Spyder when it needs new Rubber (quickly).
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NoahMercy View Post
    That is quite possibly the tidiest HD trike I've ever seen...ver' cool!
    Thank you!

2001 hard mount 1200 Sportster. Rode it for almost 20 years. It is still in my shop waiting for my son to come get it. Put right at 350,000 miles on it........... one engine swap and one top end rebuild. It was in #312 American Iron Magazine. Built it myself in a little shop behind the house right after I retired.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver