Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default lost my ecu stock map

installed dynojet pv3 bad unit it erased my stock map and would not put it back I have a check engine light on will not start,do you think my can am dealer can re install a stock map to my ecu and get it running?
    richie spyder

Spyder Garage

You might be lucky talking to your dealer, but I think any fix from them'll cost you a fair bit?!? Possibly even entail getting a brand new ECU!!

Maybe you'd be better off contacting someone like Jason Robertson at 'ECU Xtreme' either via their Facebook page or rotaxracing@gmail.com - Jason's been working on/with Can-Am ECU's for longer than most in the game, and he's the 'Go To' man for troubleshooting 'unsolvable' problems for BRP, dealers, & private owners alike all over the World, while also tuning & fine tuning/getting the ultimate in performance for manufacturer & privately owned competition machines on the World stage too; and these days you can access all that knowledge & skill - for a fee of course, and yes, it's not the cheapest ECU tuning there is available out there, but I believe he's forgotten more about this game than most tuners will ever know, and I certainly think what he does is up there amongst the very best!

I have no involvement or interest in this company, financial or otherwise, I am simply an extremely satisfied customer who has tried more than just a few of the other ECU tuning offerings who finally learnt about Jason & ECU Xtreme & now that I've experienced his work & support I won't recommend anyone else!

Go on, send an email or post up on the ECU Xtreme facebook page, what can it hurt?? At the very least they'll be able to tell you what you need to do, and if you're that way inclined, you might even get Jason to wave his magic wand over your ECU while you're at it - if you do, I really doubt you'll ever regret it!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I do not believe dealers have any access to tuning maps. Simply will replace ECU.

Best bet is to contact the manufacturer of the mapping software / unit and ask if they can send you the file and walk you through reloading it.

Spyder Garage

What did Fuel Moto/Jamie have to say about it?

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    What did Fuel Moto/Jamie have to say about it?
    .... if anyone can give you an accurate answer / solution it would be them .....good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

jame said to sent the pv3 back for a complete refund dynojet could not do anything for me said never had that problem before just left me hanging
    richie spyder

Spyder Garage

Wow I was seriously considering a purchase of the PV3 but now I wouldn't touch it.
    2020 F3S-SS , Titanium/Black

Spyder Garage

better off sending your ecu to wick-it performances stay away from the pv3 from dynojet , they don't stand by there products, don't know yet how much it is to fix the problem maybe a new ecu $$$$$$$
    richie spyder

Spyder Garage

Hi,
    Thanks Peter for the kind words,
    I think i have already spoken to someone regarding this issue, this is a common occurrence with these plug in internet tuners i have repaired/remapped alot of lost or damaged files lately.
    How they work is they read the software version in the ecu via diag plug, then delete the stock file in the ecu to be ready for the new file to be written and this is where the problem starts.
    Any little glitch or if you hold your tongue the wrong way they will not write leaving the ecu "bricked" and no longer able to be written to.
    We have most stock files in our library so we will re write the stock file then run the ecu on our test bench to make sure its ok then install our tune the correct way.
    If you want to send me your Ecu im only to happy to get you back on the road.
    Thanks
    Jase
    Ecu Xtreme

Spyder Garage

hi jase about how long is the return about time take?
    richie spyder

Spyder Garage

Try calling monster fuel or wick-it, monsters in Canada and wick-it is in Louisiana they should be able to un brick it and put there tune in it, get the stage 2 . should be faster and less expensive just another option for you

Spyder Garage

Hi
    Once i receive the ecu it normally takes 4/5 days to get back to you via tracking intl courier
    Thanks

Spyder Garage

ok thanks guys will give it a try
    richie spyder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ssmcclub View Post
    installed dynojet pv3 bad unit it erased my stock map and would not put it back I have a check engine light on will not start,do you think my can am dealer can re install a stock map to my ecu and get it running?
    My experience with reflashing ECU's on Suzuki Hayabusa's was to reset to base programing most times I did an upgrade--some experimental guys have reflashed same ECU over 500 times. I doubt your base configuration is any different. Reset & reflash to basic original--the guys doing reflashing should be able to help you. Good Luck :-) The bigest clue is for someone to break open their ecu case & see what type ecu is inside--then search the ECU PN for info.
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Jase, You have a PM question...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by larryd View Post
    Jase, You have a PM question...
    Hi Larryd
    I have replied to your pm
    Thanks
    Jase

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hi Jase, You have a response...THANK YOU, larryd

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jase View Post
    Hi
    Once i receive the ecu it normally takes 4/5 days to get back to you via tracking intl courier
    Thanks
    Jase, are you allowing for Covid shipping delays in that timing? I have ordered a musical instrument from the US, and it has been sitting in New York, awaiting a flight, since June 2nd. Mind you, it IS with USPS..... Couriers may be MUCH faster ��

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Had a dyno jet on my GL1800 wing. Left me stranded. Had a dyno jet on my quad because I did't learn my lesson except I kept my original in my saddle bag. It died too, but rather rather than walk 10 miles through rough country at the Hatfield McCoy rally in WV, I put the original back in and rode out (on the black trails). I didn't see enough performance enhancement anyway. Spyder is plenty fast for me.... I'm old enough that I got nothing left to prove.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Jase, are you allowing for Covid shipping delays in that timing? I have ordered a musical instrument from the US, and it has been sitting in New York, awaiting a flight, since June 2nd. Mind you, it IS with USPS..... Couriers may be MUCH faster ��

Pete
    Okay...you have tweeked my interest. What musical instrument did you order? I have a nice collection of guitars.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Okay...you have tweeked my interest. What musical instrument did you order? I have a nice collection of guitars.
    Nothing as quiet as a guitar, AR..... it’s an open back banjo from Nechville Banjos. ����

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

ok I am back on the road, my dealer did a reflash on my ecu and got me running,after week checking it out cost me $350.00 cheaper then getting a new ecu,got not help from dynojet they left me hanging, I will never purchase any product from them, stay away from the pv3 unit,if you want to flash you ecu sent it to wick or monster, they will stand behind there work. thanks for all the help guys
    richie spyder

Spyder Garage

Boy's and there toys! For the life of me I sit back and laugh at people that buy some thing and want to roll there sleeves up and screw with the system and get burnt! Seen friends do it with sleds cars, bikes, buy something with a small engine and put parts in it to make it a bigger engine! It would have been safer and easyer to just buy up from the start!!! Less headace, less troubles, no down time! But I guess that's what makes the world go around and keeps all the speed shops in bussness!! Plus it makes for good reading and a laugh or two!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Nothing as quiet as a guitar, AR..... it’s an open back banjo from Nechville Banjos. ����

Pete
    Sounds like your into bluegrass. I have a Deering B9.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Boy's and there toys! For the life of me I sit back and laugh at people that buy some thing and want to roll there sleeves up and screw with the system and get burnt! Seen friends do it with sleds cars, bikes, buy something with a small engine and put parts in it to make it a bigger engine! It would have been safer and easyer to just buy up from the start!!! Less headace, less troubles, no down time! But I guess that's what makes the world go around and keeps all the speed shops in bussness!! Plus it makes for good reading and a laugh or two!!
    Many of us would buy up if only BRP offered it. The aftermarket is filling a market segment BRP has chosen to ignore.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame