Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    John you are absolutely correct ..... He never should have bought the Toy Hauler or the Spyder for that matter ...... Mike
    I think John probably explained the process and reasoning a bit better than I did, so Kudos John. And you're right Mike, I should have never bought either one of them....The T.H. or the Spyder, so I'm putting them both up for sale. Since you were the one to point out that stark fact, I'm offering you the first chance on purchasing both of them as a package........$150,000, cash only, no trades, and NO, I wont take a snapping turtle on trade or even as a down payment. Let me know whether you want them or not!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by triplethreat View Post
    ...... and NO, I wont take a snapping turtle on trade or even as a down payment. Let me know whether you want them or not!
    Dammit! I've got two of those nasty critters, and for juuust a moment there.....

I'm beginning to think I might soon be looking for a turtle soup recipe..... . Certainly doesn't look like I'm ever gonna be able to trade them for anything!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Dammit! I've got two of those nasty critters, and for juuust a moment there.....

I'm beginning to think I might soon be looking for a turtle soup recipe..... . Certainly doesn't look like I'm ever gonna be able to trade them for anything!
    Yea, the snapping turtle thing is kind of an inside joke, that no one here would understand. Our local ad paper where I live had a guy on there for years that would always offer up a snapping turtle for trade when someone posted an ad for something that they had for sale.....and the words in the ad said, NO TRADES! The guy would always reply, something on the order of.....I'd be willing to trade ya for a snapping turtle. This went on for years.....but I haven't seen it for a while, so I guess he finally decided it wasn't funny anymore (maybe it never was), or he just gave up.

Spyder Garage

...........I'd be willing to trade ya for a snapping turtle. This went on for years.....but I haven't seen it for a while, so I guess he finally decided it wasn't funny anymore (maybe it never was), or he just gave up.
    Are you SURE he didn't emigrate to Australia?? More specifically, South Australia, maybe to live in the Adelaide Hills?

It's become a bit of a 'running sore.... errr, joke' here in the Hills Been going on for quite a few years now.... with much the same result! . Never found anyone here who wanted a turtle either?!?
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Are you SURE he didn't emigrate to Australia?? More specifically, South Australia, maybe to live in the Adelaide Hills?

It's become a bit of a 'running sore.... errr, joke' here in the Hills Been going on for quite a few years now.... with much the same result! . Never found anyone here who wanted a turtle either?!?
    OK.....I stand corrected........YOU might be the only one on here that understood the "inside Joke". Kudos.......I'm not alone!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderwoman View Post
    Looking for some advice on how to load a Can-Am RT Spyder into the back of a 2014 Canyon Star. Looks like the bike will fit once we take the Trailer Hitch off the Spyder. Need some advice on loading the bike.

The ground clearance is minimal on the RT and concerned about trying to load with the Tailgate design on the Canyon Star.

Has anyone had good success by backing the bike into the Toy Hauler? Looks like that might be the best approach but hoping someone has worked out the load issues with the low clearance on the bike.

Any suggestions?
    BUMP

Thanks to all that have provided input on loading the RT. Husbands looking at the Ramp Boards option and also considering adding a wench to make the load easier. Thinking about anchoring the wench near the welded step and then using it bring the bike up from the rear. Any ideas or suggestions on the additional plan will help.

Spyder Garage

BUMP

Thanks to all that have provided input on loading the RT. Husbands looking at the Ramp Boards option and also considering adding a wench to make the load easier. Thinking about anchoring the wench near the welded step and then using it bring the bike up from the rear. Any ideas or suggestions on the additional plan will help.
    You're gonna let you husband have a wench? You're a really good sport! If he's going to use a winch i would suggest getting one with a synthetic rope vs a steel rope. Less chance of marring anything and they are safer to handle. A decent ATV winch, maybe 2,000 lbs would do the trick.

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Grand Design Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)

Spyder Garage

Guess I forgot to use spell check....LOL

Thanks John and I will have to tell him that "wenching" is okay.

He is retired Army so I am sure he is gonna say it was an Air Force Guy that made the remark...

Spyder Garage

Guess I forgot to use spell check....LOL

Thanks John and I will have to tell him that "wenching" is okay.

He is retired Army so I am sure he is gonna say it was an Air Force Guy that made the remark...
    I'm just curious why you guys are considering adding a winch (wench)? If you can achieve the angle that you need for clearance, why not just drive it up and be done with it?

Spyder Garage

I'm just curious why you guys are considering adding a winch (wench)? If you can achieve the angle that you need for clearance, why not just drive it up and be done with it?
    He is considering all options for a couple of reasons. The Newmar Canyon Star ramps has such a different angle when driving midway up the ramp and my husband also has leg issues and not much feeling in lower legs and so winching may be more reliable.

Wants to find the easiest and best way to load.

Spyder Garage

He is considering all options for a couple of reasons. The Newmar Canyon Star ramps has such a different angle when driving midway up the ramp and my husband also has leg issues and not much feeling in lower legs and so winching may be more reliable.

Wants to find the easiest and best way to load.
    Ahh, then that makes perfect sense. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. We all have to do whatever works best for our own situations, and to do it the safest way possible.