Spyder Garage

Default 5 1/4" Rear Speaker Mod on a 2014 RT

Just a quick video of the steps I did to upgrade the rear speakers on my Can Am Spyder RT to 5 1/4" speakers.

2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Guy View Post
    Just a quick video of the steps I did to upgrade the rear speakers on my Can Am Spyder RT to 5 1/4" speakers.

...... thank you for posting the video it was excellent I think there should be a " sticky " for this ..... it's not really difficult to do and your video makes it much easier for those who are a bit concerned about trying ..... annnnnnnnnd I'm glad you added the Audio .... What was the music source .... and did you measure the Kickers against the JBL's ( the GTO 528's went out of production a few years ago so the Kickers are readily available ) ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ...... thank you for posting the video it was excellent I think there should be a " sticky " for this ..... it's not really difficult to do and your video makes it much easier for those who are a bit concerned about trying ..... annnnnnnnnd I'm glad you added the Audio .... What was the music source .... and did you measure the Kickers against the JBL's ( the GTO 528's went out of production a few years ago so the Kickers are readily available ) ...... Mike
    The Music source was an iPod, song was Hands Up by Honeymoon Suite.
    My original plan was to put the Kickers in the rear but their foot print was to big.
    I had the 528's in the front so I just swapped them.
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default Speaker upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post

If the 528s are nlonger available can you recommend a brand and model that would fit. Also where did you mount the Kenwood amp and where did you acess the wiring harness to hook up the amp?

Spyder Garage

Not sure what speaker will fit back there, I already had the 528's in the fronts and had bought the kickers for the rear. The kickers have a solid ring around the speaker so can't be modified to fit where as the 528's just needed one of the mount tabs to be removed to make them work.
    I mounted the amp to the battery door in the frunk. So far so good with that location, no heat problems, took a thermal reading after an hour ride 136F.
    I put in a Fuzeblock FZ1 and have run my amp & heated gear through that.
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac