Spyder Garage

Default Brp 219400432 trailer harness-module -hitch on 2012 RT

I just installed BRP #219400432 on my 2012 RT . Hitch no problem. Harness was BRP with Hopkins control module. All plug n play easy peasy.
    I have an 2012 RT -622. Barely used great shape. Both are 4 squared plugs. The RT lights work perfect. The trailer works on the left side. Hazards on both sides. I have no reason to think that the trailer has any issues. I have read that the BRP control modules has had issues . Like I said the RT is working fine so assuming the Module is working on the isolated RT side. Maybe not signaling the trailer side ? Thoughts?

I'm trying to power the trailer plug with a battery now to check it out.
    Thanks Dave
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-07-2020 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Not 998cc motor relatedi
    2012 RTL 14 RTS , Pearl White @ Pearl White

Spyder Garage

You have some lights. So that means the ground to the Spyder is good.
    The hazard lights work on both sides. The right and left hazard lights share the same 2 wires with the turn signals and brake lights. So those 2 wires from the Spyder are working.
    The only circuit left is the running light. All the running light, right and left tail lights, side markers and licence plate light are all powered from 1 wire. So if some don't work it is not a problem with the Spyder or module. Could be as simple as a burnt out bulb. Likely a 1157 bulb in the trailer taillights. It or bulbs similar, has a double filament and one is likely burnt out.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

IMG_1109.jpg So there was this both brown and green on the trailer side were severed either by dragging or chewing....not sure which...All is well now! Thanks for ur insight!
    2012 RTL 14 RTS , Pearl White @ Pearl White