Spyder Garage

Default Is switching digital gauges to analogue possible? 2020 RT

Having a 2020 RT
    I overheard someone saying you can switch the digital read out on the gauges to analog is this so.
    Inquiring mind
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-09-2020 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Title clarification
    Some people are like Slinkies good for nothing but fun when tossed down the stairs

Spyder Garage

NO .................. on the older ones 2017 and back you can switch from analog to digital, but you cant do what you want to because you have a digital screen.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

I figured that, after playing around trying to figure it out I had a feeling it was a no go.
    Just curious is all.
    Some people are like Slinkies good for nothing but fun when tossed down the stairs

Very Active Member OverHillAndDale's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Although I really like the digital dash, I miss the analog gauges a bit. On the 2020, both the speedometer and tach show what looks like an analog version but without markings, so you really have to rely on the digital readout.
    2020- RT Limited
    Chalk White, Can-Am rear passenger armrests, Comfort Seat, Grip puppies, RAM Cup Holders, Providence RAM Mount
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Big Bike Parts wiring harness
    Permanent Smile!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OverHillAndDale View Post
    Although I really like the digital dash, I miss the analog gauges a bit. On the 2020, both the speedometer and tach show what looks like an analog version but without markings, so you really have to rely on the digital readout.
    I note the same "fake" gauges on my 2019 F3. No numbers, they just move up and down in conjunction with the digital tach and speedo numbers. My earlier comments were that they are for a "vroom, vroom" effect. Not sure if they even follow actual settings in relation to the digital numbers.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'd be happy if they removed the "guage" part and just left the digital numbers. Use the real estate for something more meaningful.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OverHillAndDale View Post
    ... On the 2020, both the speedometer and tach show what looks like an analog version but without markings, so you really have to rely on the digital readout.
    This is one reason I limited my search to pre-'18 Spyders when I was looking. For many things, I appreciate the (apparent) precision of a digital readout, but for most automotive- or cycle-related panels, it takes too long to read the numbers, then decipher them into meaningful information. A quick glance at an analog gauge will tell you if the needle is pointing in the right direction, no interpretation needed.

And, while on the topic of analog vs. digital, who was the 'genius' that decided the Spyer needed a 200 MPH speedometer? Most of us will be keeping it under 80, which barely moves the needle. When I saw the speedo for the first time, I figured "hey, it's a Canadian product, that will be KPH." Nope. Good thing there are large digits there to read the speed.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W. View Post
    This is one reason I limited my search to pre-'18 Spyders when I was looking. For many things, I appreciate the (apparent) precision of a digital readout, but for most automotive- or cycle-related panels, it takes too long to read the numbers, then decipher them into meaningful information. A quick glance at an analog gauge will tell you if the needle is pointing in the right direction, no interpretation needed.

And, while on the topic of analog vs. digital, who was the 'genius' that decided the Spyer needed a 200 MPH speedometer? Most of us will be keeping it under 80, which barely moves the needle. When I saw the speedo for the first time, I figured "hey, it's a Canadian product, that will be KPH." Nope. Good thing there are large digits there to read the speed.

RE: 200 mph speedo...there is an adjustment so that you can set for Kilometers per hour when driving in those countries (Canada included). I used this on my 08 and 10 when we went to Canada. 200 KPH is equal to about 128 MPH. Another ploy to get a passenger excited...changed over to KPH, take them for a ride on the HWY over 60 MPH and point to the speedo...it will show 100.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Oh, I can change the DIGITS to KPH, but the analog needle never changes scale.

It's on MPH all the time. In my opinion, it's a big waste of space.

Spyder Garage

The needle goes to the correct number but it will be in KPH instead of MPH. Hence the plus 100 numbers being shown on the dial. It worked on my 08 and my 2010...so I am guessing still the same information. There was an indicator on the dial that it was registering in KPH when changed over.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'll have to check that out.

Spyder Garage

The needle on my Spyder's analogue speedo DEFINITELY shows Kilometres per Hour when I switch the across to KPH rather than MPH - it changes the response rate to match the scale on the digital read-out, so that the needle shows 60 mph when the digital gauge shows 60 mph, and when you swap the chosen display to metric/kph the needle then shows 100 kph when the digital gauge shows 100 mph!

And YES, for some Spyders it IS necessary that the dial shows up to 200 (kph) - even so, the needle can still be run right off the end of the scale while the digital read-out goes up past 215 kph!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!