Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Good comment RideOn, trying not to put down BRP Connect, but to me it's useless, it's just an app that lives on my iPhone. Not an Issue for me because I just like everything else on my RTL, so I leave it be.
    Like you, I don't consider BRP Connect to be anything more than an annoyance. It definitely does not stop me from enjoying the Spyder, as the digital screen does a good job of displaying the information I consider essential. The rest is just bonus features, but it would be nice if it lived up to its promise. The good news is it's software, so with any luck future updates will help increase functionality.
    “There comes a time in the affairs of men... when we must seize the bull by the tail and face the situation.” - W.C. Fields

2019 Spyder RT Limited - Asphalt Gray/Chrome
    1991 H-D Sturgis FXDB -- #684 of 1600 Limited Edition

Gone but not forgotten:
    2014 Spyder ST SE5
    Steel Black Metallic
    2019 RT Limited , Asphalt Gray/Chrome

Spyder Garage

BRP need to abandon connect and go to Apple CarPlay and the android equivalent by on-board software upgrade (likely through BUDS). I won’t be wasting any more time trying to use BRP connect.

MWO (Ret'd) SJ Barnes
    ‘20 RTL Stone Grey
    named Britannia in honour of EE Doc Smith’s
    Grey Lensman’s ship.
    Farkles:
    Bestem Carplay
    canamsypderaccessories hitch and wiring harness,
    showchrome trunk rack,
    12v AND dual USB direct to battery in the frunk,
    dual USB switched in the blank console switch spot (parasites the power off the seat heater switch),
    frunk lid organizer,
    trunk organizer,
    showchrome rider backrest,
    ryder and passenger cup holders,
    ram mount for the iPad mini I use for GPS
    quadlock phone mount
    Nautilus horn
    Data blocker on the glove box USB
    Big Bike Parts highway pegs
    Spyderzone dash pouch
    Convex mirrors

‘20 Ryker 900 (my wife’s ryde)
    Farkles
    Slingmods fwd/rev ‘suicide shifter’
    frunk organizer
    dual horn
    Max mount
    Rear seat with tall back rest (not mounted)
    Ryder backrest (not mounted)
    Side bag
    Top bag

top bag makes a good backrest. Will swap on the rear seat if she ever wants to 2up
    2020 RT Limited , Stone Gray

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RideOn View Post
    Like you, I don't consider BRP Connect to be anything more than an annoyance. It definitely does not stop me from enjoying the Spyder, as the digital screen does a good job of displaying the information I consider essential. The rest is just bonus features, but it would be nice if it lived up to its promise. The good news is it's software, so with any luck future updates will help increase functionality.
    Well said RideOn, seems that HD abandoned their Harley Connect, or whatever they termed it, but wait, did they keep it for the Live Wire? :>)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Stache View Post
    BRP need to abandon connect and go to Apple CarPlay and the android equivalent by on-board software upgrade (likely through BUDS). I won’t be wasting any more time trying to use BRP connect.
    Doubt that's gonna happen. Neither of those two have anything specific to motorcycles - and they're not all that great in offline mode. What they have going for them is ubiquity and familiarity - and for some, that's their dealmaker.
    BRP Connect in conjunction with one of the available navigation software packages is entirely doable - but its user interface isn't the same way as a Garmin, or Google Maps, or Apple Maps, and there's the rub for some. I see it as more a personal choice than anything.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Stache View Post
    You might want to visit a Goldwing forum and find out that Apple Car Play isn't much better. They are just coming out with Android OS. Just as many complaints as with BRP C. I took the time and figured it out and love it.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

I have a 2018 and I as many think the dash leaves a lot to be desired. I have my phone bluetoothed to the dash, and my helmet bluethoothed to the dash and that works very well, never have to plug the phone in. I bought the BRP center mount and use a Garmin 595LM... Hands down better than any choices the dash apps give me. I do like that when my phone is bluetoothed and I receive a call the picture of the person in my contacts on my phone shows up on the dash.... The stats page is very nice as well and I was pleasantly surprised our our little 400 mile day trip that I got an average of 42MPG.... I have a Polaris Slingshot as well and when I do wear a helmet, if I turn on the Sena, it just switches from speakers to bluetooth... very nice. Overall my opinion is that the dash was a really great idea... with a very poor implementation. Just an opinion...
    When the going gets tough...Downshift..

Spyder Garage

I agree, Genius is a dunce when it comes to navigation!!

Spyder Garage

I think I have Google Maps working well with our 2018 RTL. I will know more tomorrow after another ride. I have my Google Pixel 3A talking to the Spyder, and the Spyder talking to the Cardo Q3 headsets. Turn by turn is coming though to my helmet. Tomorrow I will know if the intercom between helmets is still working while getting the turn by turn from Google Maps. I create routes on the computer and send them to the Pixel 3A.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snoking1127 View Post
    I think I have Google Maps working well with our 2018 RTL. I will know more tomorrow after another ride. I have my Google Pixel 3A talking to the Spyder, and the Spyder talking to the Cardo Q3 headsets. Turn by turn is coming though to my helmet. Tomorrow I will know if the intercom between helmets is still working while getting the turn by turn from Google Maps. I create routes on the computer and send them to the Pixel 3A.
    Well when the intercom is up the turn by turn instructions do not come through. I Changed the A2DP priority to be above the intercom. Will have to test tomorrow some more. I did note that if you are near a waypoint that you are going to make, if you priess the X it will ask you if you want to cancel the next waypoint of the whole route. Got to test that out more.

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

New apps available and they work. I’ve not heard of any dash update but Sygic GPS works. Dash radio, FOBO II, as well as a snowmobile app.

Rever still doesn’t work yet.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

I Changed the A2DP priority to be above the intercom.
    How did you do that? On the bike or on the Cardo? Did you put the Nav on Cardo Channel 1?

I am trying to get phone, music and nav all working nicely with each other but so far my results are less than ideal with my Sena. I ordered a Cardo to see if this Channel 1 & 2 works any better.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

As long as the headset is only paired to the bike along with the phone there shouldn’t be a problem hearing GPS as well as music along with intercom which is headset to headset paired. There is no Bluetooth modification needed.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Not only didn't it actually connect or work properly, but it is likely one of the worst designed pieces of software I've ever worked with. I ignore it.

CarPlay would have been a far better option. Perhaps an update in the future will change some of this, but I doubt it. I think they were foolish to even include it in it's current state.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

Something like this hapened time ago with "Peugeot". They tray to manage their cars software and it was a disaster. Lot of problems and complains. So, they simply returned to Bosch original software control. No problems in that way for years.
    2018 F3 Ltd. , Black/Dark

Spyder Garage

Well when the intercom is up the turn by turn instructions do not come through. I Changed the A2DP priority to be above the intercom. Will have to test tomorrow some more. I did note that if you are near a waypoint that you are going to make, if you priess the X it will ask you if you want to cancel the next waypoint of the whole route. Got to test that out more.
    I give up, can not get Google maps turn by turn to come through to the Scala Rider Q3 headset and still have the intercom working. Tried both with the smart phone direct to the head sets and via the trikes connections.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mcalva View Post
    Something like this hapened time ago with "Peugeot". They tray to manage their cars software and it was a disaster. Lot of problems and complains. So, they simply returned to Bosch original software control. No problems in that way for years.
    As hard as it is to believe, BRP connect is a version of Bosch's "MySpin" connect software. BRP is heavily involved, but my guess was given a losing hand of requirements vs budget.....
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by McClendons View Post
    As hard as it is to believe, BRP connect is a version of Bosch's "MySpin" connect software. BRP is heavily involved, but my guess was given a losing hand of requirements vs budget.....
    and MySpin was just recently adopted by Ducati and BMW for their upcoming bikes!

So hopefully we see improvement due to wider adoption and feedback....
    2020 RT Limited , ASPHALT GREY METALLIC - DARK EDITION

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralS View Post
    and MySpin was just recently adopted by Ducati and BMW for their upcoming bikes!

So hopefully we see improvement due to wider adoption and feedback....
    That would be great. Bosch is a highly capable company.....just don't think they are getting allot of support to date. Maybe since Can Am is expanding usage as well, they will work with Bosch for updates, app incorporation, etc.
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

That whole BRP connect is very bad and forcing you to use the proprietary software plus only being able to use a cell is a HUGE negative. Were not in the era of 8 track tape players its the 21st century. Most all cars and tour bikes and bluetooth enabled and will work with most all bluetooth devices.

Just a vent, the more I read about this and others that feel like myself really gets my goat and horse

Spyder Garage

Not sure what you are saying, I use Bluetooth on my Spyder to listen to music all the time, BRP connect is used to connect supported apps to the dash.
    2021 Syder RT Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'me now enjoying the new BRP Go as it works better and I see all the apps in one screen. Love it.

ACP requires a larger screen. Go watch some videos of how to set up and use ACP on a Honda Goldwing. It's more complicated!

Don't need to spend extra $$$ on added GPS plus mounting. Just plug the phone in and go. Easy peasy.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red