My 2014 didn’t have BRP connect, and I really was looking forward to it on my 2020. I like the idea of an uncluttered handlebar area, and using those apps from the phone made sense ... but...

Both Genius and Sygic have real weaknesses, at least in the areas I use them in.

Genius has literally sent me in full loops on the way to my destination more than once. Even with “avoid unpaved roads” checked, it still likes dead ends and dirt roads.

I like the Sygic interface, but it hasn’t been able to find several small towns within an hour or two of my home. It couldn’t even find my home (address is over 35 years old).

The entire BRP Connect system often locks up, requiring me to shut down the bike, wait until all residual electronics shut off, and then restart the bike. It seems to do this most often if I take a phone call. Yes, I have the most recent software updates.

My phone is an iPhone X, not a new phone nor a weird, one-off brand.

I went back to a Garmin (just installed a Garmin XT). Much better interface, and my phone doesn’t lock up without the other background apps.