Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Billy, try unplugging the phone and plugging it back in, that will get your music going again. May not be the safest thing to do but it works.

Papa, I start my music first, through the program, not from Music in BRP Connect. It works fine, has not quit unless I am getting directions from Genius Maps.

The trim around the screen on the 2020 RT was squared off giving you a lot more visible screen and they extended the dash over the top to better shade it from sunlight. I have no complaints about the screen, it is also easy to read. And I have not had any trouble with the radio reception.

Mac, I completely understand why they don’t have Apple Car Play but we can dream, can’t we? Heck even our Toyota doesn’t have Apple Car Play.
    I can't unplug the phone because it is not plugged in most of the time. When it was, unplugging it does no good. Tried that.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

I don't want to fuss with that stupid BRP Connect going around in circles and the map program is worthless! Lamont installed the new Garmin XT GPS on my 2020 RT Limited and I LOVE IT so much I had him put one on the 2016 F3 Limited, too. BRP Connect is a joke. It should work quickly and easily like Apple Play which I don't have on my car. Nobody has time for a poorly designed function on their motorcycle or Spyder.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I just sent an email to Bosch Softec asking if they have been following any of the discussions about problems with BRP Connect. BRP Connect is a version of Bosch's mySpin car connectivity software specifically tailored for motorcycles. I want see what the Bosch response might be, or if they are even aware of all the issues being reported. I mention that users are getting almost no help from BRP Corporate and dealers. I think BRP's involvement in BRP Connect is limited to working within the parameters built into the s/w to customize the s/w for Spyders. For all we know Bosch is quite possibly the software developers for the entire Spyder system.

I'm not a user of BRP Connect, but I'm interested in following the discussions since I will be if and whenever I upgrade my ryde. I'll let you know if I get any response from them.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good plan, following you on this, maybe Bosch will have something to say. I'm assuming that BRP is way to busy to respond; not picking on BRP, Honda, and most other brands have little interest in correcting that which does't work well.

Spyder Garage

The 2020 BRP connect is glitchy, but I have to say I haven't had as many problems as some here with earlier models. I bought Genius maps, which works well, but I can also run Apple or Google maps without Connect. I have Sygic, but haven't tried it. One reason I read for BRP not featuring Apple CarPlay or Android auto is the a 7 inch screen is the minimum size that can be used; factor in BRP 's proprietary software, and profit from sales, as the other factor.

Spyder Garage

Hi, thanks for the insight, I forgot about the mode of operation, I use Genius maps for that reason, and Google/Apple maps can also download a route to your smartphone. Thanks!

Very Active Member OverHillAndDale's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Yesterday I had BRP Connect running simply for the music application, and I didn't have any phone calls or other Connect apps running. It locked up.

Today I mounted my phone one the handlebars. I will select music on my phone and play it through the bike's Bluetooth, and I can either use Waze or my Garmin for navigation.

I'm still going to get the Connect software updates as they become available and try it from time to time. It is a great concept that is (in my never to be humble opinion) very poorly executed.
    2020- RT Limited
    Chalk White, Can-Am rear passenger armrests, Comfort Seat, Grip puppies, RAM Cup Holders, Providence RAM Mount
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Big Bike Parts wiring harness
    Permanent Smile!!!

Spyder Garage

Not really having any problems at all with BRP Connect and my Samsung Note 10.

My only recommendation for Android users is to set your screen timeout to a longer period as BRP Connect need to run on top. You want to give your self sufficient time to close the trunk, start the bike, and wait for the headend to connect.

I'm using Sena 20S Evos. The EVO's are paired to the bike - and secondarily paired to the phone. Occasionally, the connections priority gets reversed (all most always because you Turn on the Sena's before the bike is started) but simply turning off and on correct this.
    The reason the Sena's are secondarily paired to the phone is so that I can use it when riding my two-wheeler.

So yes - it is possible to have (at least Sena 20S Evo's anyway) your helmet comm paired to both the bike and the phone if your helmet comm unit supports it. No need to delete pairing on the phone to the helmet.

Spyder Garage

tried the genius maps app for a few times but went back using garmin . the genius map was harder to follow and have more info with garmin. like to see rpm all the time.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That makes two of us.

Spyder Garage

Lots of negative comments here about BRP Connect. Well, I for one have had nothing but good luck with it. Love it as a matter of fact. I use it primarily with Sygic Maps, works fantastic. Just have to learn how to use it. I'm using an android - Samsung smart phone with it, works great and has never frozen up. I also have a Garmin and have used both at times. The BRP connect provides excellent navigation and the audio plays through all six speakers on my F3 ltd and with the auto-volume on it is plenty loud at highway speeds and softer at lower speeds. Not as easy to use for finding gas and restaurants however so I use the Garmin for that. Does not interfere with the sound system whatsoever. If listening to music, the nav system audio interrupts the music just like in my car. Wish the BRP Connect bluetooth would pair with my Garmin but it won't, so no bluetooth audio from the Garmin, otherwise I would probably use the Garmin 100% of the time. And BTW, the tach is visible any time you're using the navigation feature by toggling the BRP Connect lever on the left handlebar.
    2019 F3 Limited
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am pleased to hear someone likes it.

Spyder Garage

I feel your pain, 2020 Spyder RTL. I just had the same issue. Genius maps is actually a dunce in the gps/navigation area. Sygic is better, but the connectivity issues with my Cardo Freecom 2 unit and BRP Connect causes failure to connect BRP consistently. I had to disconnect iPhone and reconnect; it STILL wouldn't connect until I shut off my Spyder and restarted it.

Frankly, I find this unacceptable in a new vehicle-this is one area BRP needs to address, it takes away from the enjoyment and possible safety issues due to operator distraction.

Spyder Garage

Has anyone used My Route App? Will it connect to BRP Connect?

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Speaking of- I’m trying to be patient and work through the Genius Maps app but I had to purchase something to proceed and now they want me to purchase something else! Is this all necessary?

Spyder Garage

Joining the "giving up on BRP Connect club" - for the second time. I was hoping to use Rever with BRP C, but although it could pull up a list of my rides, it wouldn't navigate or simply overlay my position onto the map so I could follow the route line. Or even start the time and mileage clocks when I pressed the "start" feature. It just seemed to offer only a view of the route looks like - as you would see it when done with the planning. Also found that the BRP version of Accuweather didn't have the one Accuweather feature that I wanted - radar. And it was a nuisance in fighting with my helmet on which would play music - the bike speakers or helmet speakers. So I removed the app and just went back to having my phone mounted on an XGrip (with cord snaking out of the glove box of the F3L). Then I thought, "OK, maybe I need to buy the "Pro" Rever membership to make it work". So I did, re-loaded BRP-C and excitedly loaded Rever. Well, you know what happened. Same thing. Removed the BRP app for the second time and will now go with the Lamonster powered phone mount to get rid of that cable snaking out of the glove box. Very disappointing. But I do like the enhanced Rever features like the weather radar overlay that come with the paid subscription (silver lining?).
    2019 Can Am F3 Limited

Spyder Upgrades/mods:
    F4 Windscreen,
    Ultimate seat and Driver's backrest,
    Lamonster Fog lights,
    Lamonster Brake Rod kit,
    CanAm Short Reach Handlebar

Other Current Bike: 2009 Honda Shadow 750 Aero

Past Bikes:
    2018 BMW C650CT
    2013 BMW C650GT
    2011 Honda SH150i
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue Metallic

Spyder Garage

I made a mistake installing navigation apps a week before the actual purchase, guess what, the trial period on the apps expired even before I had a chance to try. The idea of paying for navigation feature that usually free on your phone is beyond of my comprehension. Agree od Android Auto, why not to integrate with it. Music app is useless with Spotify, the Rever app is interesting, however UI on BRP is way limited, and map view is bizarre. Genius Map simply refusing to connect unless I pay money for connectivity, live traffic and North America navigation, seems like rip off, Sygic mobile UI IS TERRIBLE! What idiot designed it! And again, it wants money to run on BRP. Sticking with good old Google Maps....
    2020 Can-Am Spyder RTL
    2009 Yamaha V-Star 1300T (sold)
    2007 Yamaha V-Star 650 (sold)

"I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could!"
    2020 RTL , Asphalt Grey Metallic

Spyder Garage

I was lucky when I bought my 2018 RTL BRP had a promotion on where they rebated you $120 (via a prepaid VISA card) for buying and installing a GPS app that links to BRP Connect... so I actually turned a small profit after buying (and using once) Genius Maps.... Garmin for me!!

You can't get there from here....

Mods and Tweaks:
    Showcrome Trunk Rack
    Showcrome LED Trunk Light
    Garmin 390LM
    Spyderzone Floating Hiway Boards
    Spyderzone Mount Dash Bracket
    BajaRon Antisway Bar
    Showcrome full-size brake pedal
    Spyder-2-Go Driver Cup holder
    Ram X phone mount
    SpyderExtras 12 volt Docking Station
    BRP Driver Backrest
    Monster 4K Action Camera
    Spyderzone LED Fender Mount Spotlights
    CASA LED Headlights and Foglights
    2018 RT Limited , Ashphalt Metallic

Spyder Garage

I gave up on the two map apps. Tried both and found them to be cumbersome to set up and not particularly useful. I've been using Google Maps on my Android phone for years, so I'll just stick with that until BRP Connect gets its act together. I have yet to get the Accuweather app to do anything. As for music, I find that my Amazon Music app works great with a bluetooth connection to the bike. Even displays the song/artist on the dash. Now if I can just get my Keurig app to work...
    USN SCPO (ret.) with a fondness for Red-tailed hawks
    Current ride: 2020 Spyder RT Limited (Redtail III)
    Previous rides:
    2014 BMW F700GS (Redtail II)
    2013 BMW K1200RS
    2010 Yamaha V-Star 1300T (Redtail I)
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard C50
    2020 Limited , Red

Spyder Garage

I just got my RT Limited. BRP connect leaves a little to be desired. I can't get my sena's to link up with the bike. The phone will work but as for getting diections on the screen even using maps in the BRP app, it just doesn't work. This is a BRP failure. I find it unbeleievable that on an almost 30k bike that the company could not get it right. In the week I have had the bike, its been back to the dealer twice. The usb connection doesn't seem to work correctly. I still get a suspention fault and the rear right bag is not properly connected. Beats me! Im spending more time at the dealer than riding. I doubt BRP reads this but if they did I would say get it right. You do a recall on the rear hand rest but it doesn't work? How do they screw up so badly?
    2016 RTS , GPS, entertainment cable. Outlets in trunk and trunk. White

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Well, it's not just BRP who has connectivity problems. My brother has a 2019 Cadillac. There no longer is a built-in nav program. Phones are more up to date. So he tried connecting his iPhone to the car the other day. The dash screen is badly washed out and he could not find any option in settings to make it show better.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Sad to read this still is going on. We do not have the newer machine. In 2014 with our Spyder we purchased the 660 series Garmin. Overall not too bad, but Garmin navigation can be quirky and sometimes even wrong. So typically it is Garmin as primary and Google Maps as secondary navigation system.

If there was a means to convert the Garmin device to Google Maps navigation, I would likely do that. Sadly, Google Maps requires a different device. I mention it since I do like the Garmin / Can Am mount setup better than pretty much all other phone mounts.

Spyder Garage

I have the 2020 and nothing usable in the BRP app for me. Can never sync helmet with the Cardo. Have a separate GPS.

Spyder Garage

I have only had my 2019 RTL a few days, and BRP Connect has had no problems with my iPhone X for music. However, even with Accuweather listed as a compatible app, I cannot get it to appear in Connect. So far I haven't tried anything else, and I seldom use a navigation app. The FM radio works okay with local stations, and the Music app finds and plays every music file on my phone. However, it is very frustrating that the Music app cannot control the volume without having to drop out to the main menu.

To me the biggest failing of the program is a lack of adequate documentation, just a web page with vague references rather than a genuine user's manual. I have been unable to find something as basic as the schematic (map) of the menus, which is Software 101 for almost any system. Even going to Bosch's mySpin site was of no real help. I've discovered a few things on my own, but very little of the interface is intuitive, even for someone like me who makes their living in IT. Some things require a press in, some a press right or left or up or down, some a long press in one direction or another, and there does not seem to be a consistent means to accomplish tasks that should be linked.

I can understand the frustration many owners feel.
    “There comes a time in the affairs of men... when we must seize the bull by the tail and face the situation.” - W.C. Fields

2019 Spyder RT Limited - Asphalt Gray/Chrome
    1991 H-D Sturgis FXDB -- #684 of 1600 Limited Edition

Gone but not forgotten:
    2014 Spyder ST SE5
    Steel Black Metallic
    2019 RT Limited , Asphalt Gray/Chrome

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good comment RideOn, trying not to put down BRP Connect, but to me it's useless, it's just an app that lives on my iPhone. Not an Issue for me because I just like everything else on my RTL, so I leave it be.