Spyder Garage

Default Someone else order a Spyder RT Limited Deep Masala last year and is still waiting?

Hello everyone.

My name is Tomás I am from Portugal and I have been driving Spyder since 2012. I bought a Spyder RT Techno from 2011 in 2012 and in 2018 I bought the 2014 Spyder RT Limided. When I watched the presentation video from BRP showing Spyder RT limited Deep Marsala 2020 I knew at that moment that it was time to buy a new motorcycle (0 KM) so I put my Spyder on sale and in November 2019 I ordered the Spyder RT Limited 2020 Deep Marsala. Now in June 2020 I'm still waiting and the Dealer has no scheduled delivery date. I'm posting this to see if there is anyone else in the same situation or if BRP thinks that the Portugueses despite having Spyder at a much higher price (36 700US Dark version 2020 was 41 300US in 2018) also deserves a much longer waiting time whitouth an estimated delivery date.

Thank you very much for your attention
    Previously: 2014 RT LIMITED SE6 (Silver Platinum Satin)

Previously : 2011 RT TECHNO SE5 (Pure Magnesium Metallic)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hi, tomfil. Welcome to Spyderlovers. I think the US is by far the largest market for the Spyder so we get everything first. Also, I remember others complaining that BRP was pretty slow to roll out the Marsala Red color. I'd say (and this is just my guess) the combination of not living in the biggest market and the lack of that color is probably why you haven't received yours yet.

Never heard of an RT Techno. Got any pics of it?

HAGO!

Spyder Garage

with MONK above. The Red Marsala seemed to be the last one to be produced. Members are just reporting of purchases here in the US.

Between the virus messing up production and business schedules, and the fact that you are in Portugal, all are contributing to the slow delivery on your Spyder.

The upside, from all I have read, you are really going to like that 2020 when it is delivered.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Thank you very much for your replies.

The reason for my frustration is to see that although they have ordered at the same time they are being delivered to neighboring countries since the beginning of May and I cannot even have a delivery date. In some cases they even have stock waiting for interested parties.

I hope it is really the best Spyder to date.

Spyder Garage

Hi Monk

The RT Techno was a Spyder RT base model with rear speakers. I think that was the difference.

From the base model to the top Spyder RT \ Spyder RT Techno \ Spyder RTS \ Spyder RT Limited