Spyder Garage

Default Anybody have Cardo Packbold? Need more volume?

does anyone have the CARDO PACKTALK BOLD headset....???
    HELP....! ! !
    this unit is a PoG (piece of garbage)... MAX VOLUME is soooooooooo low, i can't hear my partner when we are at a STOP.... has anyone any suggestions as to how to INCREASE the VOLUME on this thing....? mine is at MAX all the time... i run it tru my phone (Blue Tooth)... even without the phone, the volume is nill.... i've called & emailed CARDO, to NO AVAIL, they DO NOT RESPOND... when you pay TOP DOLLAR ($280) for a unit, i would expect a good piece of equipment, and good service... both suck...
    HELP HELP HELP....! ! ! ! anyone know how to get VOLUME out of this garbage...?
    Dan P
    Easley, SC
    20200605_175617.jpg 20200605_175639.jpg

Spyder Garage

I have the Packtalk Bold and the volumes are great.

I have only had it for a couple of weeks - use for playing music thru headset from phone, navigation thru phone, and phone calls.

I adjust the volume using the wheel on the device itself.

You might experiment with the volume settings by plugging in a set of computer speakers - it might be easier to troubleshoot using those.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've got the Packtalk Slim. You might try playing around w/the controls in the app. I had to do that. The only issue I've got w/mine is the voice recognition. It doesn't respond to most of my commands. I started a ticket w/Cardo. We'll see if they respond and can fix the issue. If not, I'll return it/sell it/throw it away and buy another SENA.

Spyder Garage

You might experiment with the volume settings..............

i've done this a zillion times.... NOTHING.... and the fact that they don't respond to a request is just poor business practice.... like MONK stated, time for a SENA....

Spyder Garage

My PacktAlk Bold has great volume, and way better sound than any unit (3 Sena, a really Cardo) Ive ever used. I would try 1) check firmare versions, 2) delete pairings and repair. and/or 3) Describe how you have it paired so that maybe someone can help. You mention through the phone, and I am not sure what that means.

Cardo is by far better than any unit Ive owned before, and it is waterproof. My Sena's certainly were not, as I was caught in heavy rain several times and had to throw the unit as well as its remote control away. While not making an excuse for Cardo, COVID 19 is likely playing into it. Many very good suppliers are having issues right now.
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by McClendons View Post
    My PacktAlk Bold has great volume, and way better sound than any unit (3 Sena, a really Cardo) Ive ever used. I would try 1) check firmare versions, 2) delete pairings and repair. and/or 3) Describe how you have it paired so that maybe someone can help. You mention through the phone, and I am not sure what that means.

Cardo is by far better than any unit Ive owned before, and it is waterproof. My Sena's certainly were not, as I was caught in heavy rain several times and had to throw the unit as well as its remote control away. While not making an excuse for Cardo, COVID 19 is likely playing into it. Many very good suppliers are having issues right now.
    THANK YOU......
    and when i get back down to St. Pete, i'll buy lunch at Frenchie's....
    Dan

Spyder Garage

Do you have the jbl speakers on your unit? Also try adjusting the volume in your phone for bluetooth.i have had zero issue with my cardo

Spyder Garage

I have the Slim JBL. It has been an awesome upgrade from another unit i was using! Most newer phones have volume limiting features to protect us from ourselves... I have to raise the volume on the phone upon first connection because my Note 8 (Android 9) limits the volume and warns me that about listening at too high of a volume blah blah blah...

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

I have used Cardo since 2012, first the G9 and now the Packtalk (not bold but except for the voice activation the same as the bold) and am surprised that they have not responded to you. They always respond within a few days, as a matter of fact, I just had an issue with the latest upgrade and they answered my email within a few days and helped me resolve the issue. My suggestions for your volume issue are make sure the speakers are installed properly, make sure the mic is in the proper position, the small yellow arrow in front of your mouth, position the mic close to the mouth and we use the small mic cover.
    I have contacted Cardo at support@cardosystems.com and at 800-488-0363