Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ddorand View Post
    Alright, I got an update

Brp is now acknowledging that this is an official issue now. My can am service manager called me yesterday with an update.
    The brp engineers are studying the transmissions that they have changed. There is an issue with the design like you said.
    They want me to wait until they figure it out as the issue isn’t guaranteed to be resolved by a trans change.
    They said that the current statistic is a 50% resolution rate from swapping them. 5 of every 10 do it still.

There is no harm being done to anything on the bike by having this happen and it rides perfectly fine. So I am not worried about it just yet

Dave
    Was the problem ever figured out??

Spyder Garage

If you keep your foot on the brake while slowly excellerating, there is no clunk.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderdale View Post
    Looking at purching a Rally. Been looking at the 2020 and the 2021. Was wondering if they fixed the clunk on the 2021 ? $1000 rebate on the 2020 but I dont want to have problems related to this clunking issue.
    The clunk is a function of the CVT design coupled with the unforgiving, inflexible drive shaft system, and the way a person accelerates to engage the clutches. For example, if you had a standard transmission and you revved it up and dumped the clutch, you couldn't be upset if you had a jearky, noisy start off. A belt drive would tend to absorb some of the effects of the abrupt engagement. But a drive shaft is the better way to go for the Ryker.

If you learn to do it correctly. You can get a virtually clunk-less engagement. Just takes a bit of finesse. It's really not a big deal unless you let it bother you. Similar to the clunk going from neutral to 1st gear in a constant mesh (motorcycle) transmission. The difference being, it is avoidable on the Ryker.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

No help with the downshifting issue but the normal engagement clunk I have learned to handle by anticipating when I'm going to get rolling again and with my foot still on the brake, I increase the throttle a tiny amount and this takes up the slack without much clunking and then when I'm ready to go I simply ease off the brake, give her more gas and away I go smooth as butter. It takes a bit of practice but it's second nature to me now.

Spyder Garage

The clunk is a signature feature of the Ryker. Embrace the clunk
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

My wife has a 2023 ryker sport we got her last week. I just picked up a new 2023 ryker rally yesterday. Both bikes have less than 100kms on them. Hers is silent. Mine is superclunk master. Hers is also faster than mine.

Any opinions?