Spyder Garage

Default Here's my warranty dilemma

Here's my warranty dilemma. I made an earlier post on this but I didn't want it to get lost in the shuffle. I have until around the 1st of July to make as decision.....

When I picked up my new to me Ryker today, I told the finance guy that the $1,221, thirty six month BRP Best extended warranty he was giving was being offered by iMotorsports for $621.00 with a $100.00 deductible, and if he could match that I would include it in the price.

He told me he couldn't do that without taking a hit but made a counter offer. He told me he could give me the Zurich extended warranty I mentioned in my earlier post, sixty months, no deductible for $899.00.

I have heard a rumor, and you known how dependable those are, that Zurich was getting out of the warranty business.

So I thought I would throw this out there and see what the more experienced members of the forum feel about it.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

They won't lose money. No one will sell a stand alone warranty for a loss. If need be, go elsewhere for the BRP warranty. My .02

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Yeah... who knows if the rumor is true or not, but better safe than sorry... BEST from iMotorsports would probably be the safest and cheapest route.
    2017 Can Am Commander Limited
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Black Diamond
    2020 F3 Limited Magma Red (miss the 2011 Viper red)
    2010 RT622 - Black

Spyder Garage

Sierra Cycles in Sierra Vista, AZ sells the BEST warranty for the lowest price I have seen. I would check them out along with iMotorsports. I would definitely stay with BRP offerings rather than take a chance with an unknown..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Go for the BRP BEST warranty for sure! It will be accepted at any BRP dealership. Not so with an aftermarket plan. Also keep in mind, the 60 months on your aftermarket plan starts on DAY 1, so it’s really only 3 years of extra coverage (provided Rykers come with a 2 year warranty like Spyders do)
    2018 F3S , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    Sierra Cycles in Sierra Vista, AZ sells the BEST warranty for the lowest price I have seen. I would check them out along with iMotorsports. I would definitely stay with BRP offerings rather than take a chance with an unknown..... Jim
    Just got off the phone with them. They are priced the same as iMotorsports. Thanks.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired

Spyder Garage

OK, well it seems the majority consensus is BRP is the way to go. So that's the advise I'll go with. Thanks all.....
    Greg Kamer

USAF, 20 years, retired

Spyder Garage

BRP's BEST warranty is the BEST warranty for the price. Shopping around has given you a lowball price, it is accepted by all BRP Spyder dealers.

I would say like the others above...GO FOR IT.

If you are hearing a rumor about Zurich, there MAY be some truth to it. To pay that kind of money and getting told they are out of business at a later date, you won't get your money back, and lawsuits mostly will not be good either.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 06-04-2020 at 06:35 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    If you are hearing a rumor about Zurich, there MAY be some truth to it. To pay that kind of money and getting told they are out of business at a later date, you won't get your money back, and lawsuits mostly will not be good either.
    I have to agree with you on that. In fact that was my thought when he made the offer. Especially when he kept empathizing the Zurich warranty was their most popular. I have Alexa set to remind me later this month to call iMotorsports.

Speaking of Law suits. It seems a while back, so far I don't even remember it, I was a member of a class action lawsuit involving Permera Blue Cross. I got me settlement check in the mail today. $12.91. I was surprised they paid the whole thing at once. I was really expecting some kind of annuity
    Greg Kamer

USAF, 20 years, retired

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    Speaking of Law suits. It seems a while back, so far I don't even remember it, I was a member of a class action lawsuit involving Permera Blue Cross. I got me settlement check in the mail today. $12.91. I was surprised they paid the whole thing at once. I was really expecting some kind of annuity
    Pretty safe bet the lawyers got a lot more than $12.91
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Spyder Garage

gkamer. Got my big settlement check too. Its enough to buy a tank of gas for the next ride on the Spyder. Maybe if the lawyers didnt get so much of the settlement I might of got enough of the settlement to buy 2 tanks of gas for my Spyder.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    I have to agree with you on that. In fact that was my thought when he made the offer. Especially when he kept empathizing the Zurich warranty was their most popular. I have Alexa set to remind me later this month to call iMotorsports.

Yup...class action lawsuits. Remember the Kodak version of the Polaroid camera? I got a check for about $2.00 on that one.

The fact that the dealer kept pushing the Zurich indicates to me that was a profit center for the dealership. It's all about the money, not necessarily the best warranty.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 06-05-2020 at 10:06 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red