Spyder Garage

Default 2020 RT Limited Trailer hitch and harness

They were suppose to be here May 22? Anyone install one? Anyone know if a dealer has it in stock?
    Desperate!!

Spyder Garage

any year Spyder hitch will work and Value Accessories is advertising that they have a 2020 RT harness for 5 pin and an adapter for 5 pin to 4 pin.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Last I heard was mid July.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

i called customer service and asked if they had a hitch and assembly in stock he said yes go ahead and order it. So I did and I received an email saying they would find a dealer who had one and email me. The next day I get an email saying my order has been canceled. Wow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    any year Spyder hitch will work and Value Accessories is advertising that they have a 2020 RT harness for 5 pin and an adapter for 5 pin to 4 pin.
    I keep hearing the purchase of a hitch other than a BRP will void the warranty. True or false?

Spyder Garage

I spoke to BRP three days ago and was told they expect to start shipping them July 1.
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

I got my trailer hitch and saddlebag retrofit kits from the dealer last Thursday.
    Bob H - Derry, NH
    2020 Spyder RT Limited - Petrol Metallic Blue
    2010 RT622 Trailer and BRP Hitch
    BRP Vented Touring Windshield, BRP Backrest
    Garmin 590 with BRP Mount
    Fobo TPMS for Spyder and Trailer
    Lidlox, Blue Sea Fuse Box for power distribution
    Ram Ball Mounts for Radar Detector, Cup Holder and Phone Holder
    Sena 20S / SL2 Headsets, Foam Grip Covers, Belt Tensioner
    BAJA Ron Sway Bar and Shock Adjusters, Heli Bars

Spyder Garage

That’s good. I purchased my 2020 back in March, and they told me May 22, too. Now I have been told July 7. So much for my trip. I wonder if the original hitch wouldn’t actually work. Aggregating

Spyder Garage

Pierre at Spyder accessories is hooking me up, he said his is easy plug and play.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Benmannino View Post
    They were suppose to be here May 22? Anyone install one? Anyone know if a dealer has it in stock?
    Desperate!!
    I got tired of waiting to so I Canceled my BRP order and Got the money
    back for my dealer for the part and the installation that I already had prepaid.

Ordered mine from Pierre at Spyder accessories.He has the hitch
    and the wiring harness for the RT 2020. It was$499.00 which includes
    UPS shipping from Canada for free. At least that's what It costed me.

It took me less than 20 minutes to put the hitch on and
    about twice as much on the wiring harness didn't send
    any instructions.

Even when you plug-and-play you need pictures.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flspyderpilot View Post
    I keep hearing the purchase of a hitch other than a BRP will void the warranty. True or false?
    FALSE!

For any aftermarket product to affect warranty coverage of a failure the company has to show that the aftermarket product caused the failure. In the case of the hitch that will be nigh impossible to do. It's slick marketing by BRP to say that if you use their hitch you will have warranty coverage on it, which you won't have for an after market one. In other words, with a BRP hitch 100% of your Spyder is covered. With an aftermarket one only 95% of your Spyder is covered!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I have the 2020 RT Limited. The show Chrome hitch works perfectly. I even installed the F3 Wiring harness and show chrome 5 wire to 4 wire converter. F3 wiring harness plugs in perfectly and every works great.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    FALSE!

For any aftermarket product to affect warranty coverage of a failure the company has to show that the aftermarket product caused the failure. In the case of the hitch that will be nigh impossible to do. It's slick marketing by BRP to say that if you use their hitch you will have warranty coverage on it, which you won't have for an after market one. In other words, with a BRP hitch 100% of your Spyder is covered. With an aftermarket one only 95% of your Spyder is covered!
    I would just like to add. Here is the actual quote from the 2020 RT hitch kit description. Spelling errors and all.

"Features
    Heavy-duty trailer hitch specifically designed for use in conjonction with Can-Am Freedom Trailer. Patent pending impact-absorbing mechanical design ensures maximum trailer and vehicle performance and better comfort. Meets all stringent vehicle safety requirements. Integrated mud flap reduces damage from rock chips and other debris. Wiring components and full-function light control module included. Installs and removes easily. Only system on the market that maintains vehicle warranty requirements."

Nowhere in that statement does it say that your warranty will be void.

2018 F3 LIMITED