Spyder Garage

Default Audio in jack in glove box?

2020 F3-T glove box has audio in jack and usb plug. The usb is used with the BRP link up and to charge phone but what is the audio in jack used for? I had a memory stick full of my favorite tunes that I used on Goldwing plugged in to usb. Appears the Spyder will not support the memory stick plugged in to usb. Any suggestions of a compatible device to store music and plug in to Spyder.
    I am using iPhone music via Bluetooth but looking for something separate??

Spyder Garage

If it is the same as the 2020 RT, the USB is always live. We plugged an MP 3 player loaded with my wife’s music to the audio in jack and powered it front the USB port. A memory stick won’t work in the USB port as there is no firm ware to support what is recorded.
    You could hook up the iPhone and set it up for iTunes but that is a bit unwieldy.

Pennyrick
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

You can plug in any device that has a headphone jack, XM radio, ipod, mp3 player and lots of others. I was concedering getting a XM radio reciever and using that jack. But using the phone as the music player works so well. I have the phone mount on the handle bars and rarely ever plug in the usb cable. BT only.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Seagraves,
    Like Billy, I have my iPhone on my F3-L handlebars, plugged in to an aftermarket USB socket, for GPS, music, phone etc via bluetooth.

I also have an old iPod, containing the same music and playlists, inside, and connected to, my glovebox USB. That keeps the iPod fully charged, while giving me an alternative source for playing music through the F3 speakers.

I have not had any draining issues, which would occur if the USB port was always live as Pennyrich mentions above. However, he is riding a new RT, and mine is a 16 F3-T, so that is worth checking further. I know that doesn’t answer your question fully, but it may give you some ideas.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red