Spyder Garage

Default Article from Touring Bike Feb. 1978

Over 42 year's ago my wife and I began riding motorcycles. Back then there was a publication for bike riders called Touring Bike Magazine.

Penny decided to write an article for the magazine and I ran across a copy the other day while cleaning out some files. It is too good not to share so I thought I would post it here. After all these years and miles she is still riding at 77 year's old and she is on her third Spyder.

Pennyrick
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You have the perfect wife, wish mine would take the handlebars once in a while. if ever you decide to trade her in for a younger model call me
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

She's a keeper!
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

I remember that magazine tho not that particular article. That's exciting that she wrote that and that it was accepted for publication. Can you post it some where in a larger format so I (and others) can read it?

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    I remember that magazine tho not that particular article. That's exciting that she wrote that and that it was accepted for publication. Can you post it some where in a larger format so I (and others) can read it?
    I don’t know where I could post it for viewing. If you send me your email address I can reply with a pdf copy. If anyone else wants a readable copy just PM me with where to email it to.

Pennyrick
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    After you click on the photo to make it pop up in a larger version right click on it a select open link in new tab. Then move to that tab and you can enlarge it to readable size. It won't be be real sharp but it is readable. Ctrl+ works on Firefox. You can't enlarge the pop up copy that displays over the top of the forum message. It has to be in its own separate tab.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)