Spyder Garage

Default 2016 F3-T foam inside the tupperware

So some of you know that I had a mobile company do an oil change on my bike for the first time and they over filled it by 1 quart. Well, the oil came out of the dipstick and got everywhere. I took the panels off and cleaned everything up as good as I can. But the oil got on the foam insert on the panel. Well, when I ride a long time, the heat from the engine heats the oil from the foam and I can get a faint smell when I turn the engine off. Should I replace this foam? Just take it out?

Advice please?

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

It's there for noise abatement & insulation. The heat may warp the panel and you might not like the added decibels. Try cleaning it with dish washing liquid soap.

Next time don't have a cell phone company put your oil in.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Rip the foam out and get some new stick on heat sound deading foam. Wouldn't cost much for that little area.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    Rip the foam out and get some new stick on heat sound deading foam. Wouldn't cost much for that little area.
    .... The stick-on aluminum sided stuff will provide 3 x's sound and heat abatement of the OEM foam ..... However if you want to keep the oem foam ...... I suggest you soak ( ie submerge ) the entire panel in a concentrated solution of water and " Dawn " liquid detergent .... I would soak for an hour, then remove and press out the water , repeat at least 4 times. then rinse and see if it worked ..... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

with his agree
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Can you guys link me to something that you would feel would work well with my application to replace the OEM crap? I do nto know much about this stuff.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by acdcking12 View Post
    Can you guys link me to something that you would feel would work well with my application to replace the OEM crap? I do nto know much about this stuff.
    Sorry can't do a link .... but go to Summitracing.com ..... you will find dozens of products various sizes etc ...... also check your local Auto parts store ... then you can see and feel the stuff .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Amazon has it also
    :
    : 2017 RTL ORBITAL BLUE