Spyder Garage

Default 2020 RT wiring harness

Ok, like everyone else, waiting on a trailer wiring harness for the new bike. Earlier, in February, we confirmed the trailer hitch fits. All years. The whole harness assembly is on back order. If you kept your harness off your old bike, or, want the individual part numbers, here they are: Part number 710005823 is the splitter that goes between the bike connections. The other parts, the module 710003903 is the same on the 17 F3T, and a 19 F3LTD. The last piece is the cord that goes to the bottom of the saddlebag. The cord is a PN 710004851. The 5823 part is unique to 19 and 20 bikes. It can be ordered separately, which I just did. Several sources list that 710005823 part. Don’t worry if the picture does not match on the internet. I suspect the group of parts, together, make an assembly, and that’s what is on backorder. So, if you need to wire up your new RT, order the parts separately, and away you go!!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Do we have to order it from BRP or is there an aftermarket kit available?

Spyder Garage

The kit from BRP is what is on backorder. Type those part numbers in to google, and a variety of sources will pop up. Order the 3 parts individually, and you will have them faster than your dealer can get them. I don’t know the kit part number, and have not found an aftermarket kit.
    Last edited by cptjam; 05-31-2020 at 05:59 PM.
    Joe Meyer

Spyder Garage

I take it from what your saying is that the old harness that fits on the 2018 and 2019 RT, F3T-L. That connects between the main harness and tail harness. Still works on the 2020. That's the way to go, instead of waiting on backorder parts. Then I wonder why the redesign for the 2020 harness that connects to the right and left tail light harnesses instead. Maybe because of a lot easier install. Don't have to go under the seat. Everything is under the rear tail panel.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    Ok, like everyone else, waiting on a trailer wiring harness for the new bike. Part number 710005823 is the splitter that goes between the bike connections.. The 5823 part is unique to 19 and 20 bikes. It can be ordered separately, which I just did. Several sources list that 710005823 part.
    Where did you order the parts from?
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Having just put the touches and a trailer harness on my wifes 2018 F3T, under the seat is way easier than the rear tail panel and tail light panels.
    2017 Can Am Commander Limited
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Black Diamond
    2020 F3 Limited Magma Red (miss the 2011 Viper red)
    2010 RT622 - Black

Spyder Garage

Value Accessories lists a harness for the 2020 RT # BP41-362. This is a 5 wire system so you will need a 5 to 4 adapter which they also sell.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Adeptpowersports.com.
    Joe Meyer

Spyder Garage

Odd, I just looked on the Can Am Website and the trailer hitch kit shows in stock.... Trailer Hitch.jpg
    Bob H - Derry, NH
    2020 Spyder RT Limited - Petrol Metallic Blue
    2010 RT622 Trailer and BRP Hitch
    BRP Vented Touring Windshield, BRP Backrest
    Garmin 590 with BRP Mount
    Fobo TPMS for Spyder and Trailer
    Lidlox, Blue Sea Fuse Box for power distribution
    Ram Ball Mounts for Radar Detector, Cup Holder and Phone Holder
    Sena 20S / SL2 Headsets, Foam Grip Covers, Belt Tensioner
    BAJA Ron Sway Bar and Shock Adjusters, Heli Bars

Spyder Garage

Upsdoc, from what I've read/heard, the HITCH Kit itself is available, it's the WIRING HARNESS that's needed to connect up to your trailer wiring that's not....
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Upsdoc, from what I've read/heard, the HITCH Kit itself is available, it's the WIRING HARNESS that's needed to connect up to your trailer wiring that's not....
    The hitch kit includes everything. Including the wiring harness.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Here is what is in the 2020 RT hitch kit in the picture below. It has the hitch assembly which is basically the same as all previous years. Replacement mud guard to give the hich room to move. Wiring harness. Now only 2 parts instead of previous years 3 parts. Installed in a new location as compared to previous years.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

And if I recall, P2 in the diagram isn't sold separately for those of us that have hitches off older Spyders.
    2017 Can Am Commander Limited
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Black Diamond
    2020 F3 Limited Magma Red (miss the 2011 Viper red)
    2010 RT622 - Black

Spyder Garage

You may be correct, but it does have a part number. P2 Mud Guard 705202377. I would think you could make your own. Just take a jigsaw to the one you have.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

The complete hitch assembly, including the wiring harness, could be available. IDK. I do know the wiring harness I need to mount to make the hitch I have work is on backorder. The individual parts are available. I’ve ordered them. When they come in, I’ll post up! Joe
    Joe Meyer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    You may be correct, but it does have a part number. P2 Mud Guard 705202377. I would think you could make your own. Just take a jigsaw to the one you have.
    No need for jigsaw. I cut ours (2018 F3L) out with a box cutter. All you need is to cut out enough for hitch to right lower fender clearance. After I installed the hitch I ran the Spyder down the road and over large bumps. Looked at the rub marks and cut away enough for clearance. Rode again and looked to see if I got it correct.
    The fender in BRP's kit has a larger than needed cut out, so I like the looks of the one I did better.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    The complete hitch assembly, including the wiring harness, could be available. IDK. I do know the wiring harness I need to mount to make the hitch I have work is on backorder. The individual parts are available. I’ve ordered them. When they come in, I’ll post up! Joe
    I have both Pierre's wiring harness and all three BRP pieces you mentioned. I tried both of them and they both work the way they should. I just loosely hooked everything up and pulled my trailer over and plugged it in. The only problem is where you connect everything, the space is limited and you have to jamb everything in a small space to button it up. I ended up using Pierre's harness, just because I was able to squeeze it in a little easier. The connector is located under the passenger seat. Front left corner. This install is probably 90% easier than the BRP harness for the 2020. Pierre's harness comes with a flat four connector. If you ask, he'll send you a square four connector that you can change, if you want. I just made a short flat four to square four connector for my RT622. I have two other trailers I pull with my Spyder that have a flat four.

If you look at the 2020 RT installation instructions for the wiring harness, this install is completely different. That's why it's such a tight fit. That's not where it's designed to go. On the 2020, you have to remove the whole back panel and there's plenty of room for the install. This is also a much more labor intensive job. A few weeks ago I tore my 2020 apart so I'd be prepared when my hitch came in so I know.

Good luck.

I'm all set now and ready for a trip.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

That’s great, Jerry! Glad to see it worked. I’ll take the rear apart to find an easier way. I’m out of town, so your present has to wait. I didn’t forget! Joe
    Joe Meyer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    Here is what is in the 2020 RT hitch kit in the picture below. It has the hitch assembly which is basically the same as all previous years. Replacement mud guard to give the hich room to move. Wiring harness. Now only 2 parts instead of previous years 3 parts. Installed in a new location as compared to previous years.
    What about the 4pin extension that has the dust cap all molded in factory, mine ended up with some road rash would like a new one.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    What about the 4pin extension that has the dust cap all molded in factory, mine ended up with some road rash would like a new one.
    You can purchase that part separately.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    Here the part and part and part number. Call your dealer for a price.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Or, type that into google! You will get several places that have it!
    Joe Meyer

Spyder Garage

Here's were Joe was talking about seems they have all the parts!

http://www.adeptpowersports.com/oem-...5823-part.html