Spyder Garage

Spyder Who has the best price on cat deletes for 2015 RTs?

who has the best cost on a Cat Deleat for the 1330 Rts 2015:
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-31-2020 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Title clarification

Spyder Garage

Amazon

Spyder Garage

Local exhaust shop would be worth a visit.Not like it's anything too complicated.
    2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cobwebs View Post
    Local exhaust shop would be worth a visit.Not like it's anything too complicated.
    Unfortunately, very few exhaust shops have tooling that forms crimp free bends. Most crush the tube somewhat to make the bend.

One company that offered a very expensive cat delete had theirs fabricated with many wrinkles along the inside radius. Not good for flow of the exhaust gases.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Unfortunately, very few exhaust shops have tooling that forms crimp free bends. Most crush the tube somewhat to make the bend.

One company that offered a very expensive cat delete had theirs fabricated with many wrinkles along the inside radius. Not good for flow of the exhaust gases.

There's various mandrel bent bits and pieces available on fleabay if you get stuck.Agree on the wrinkle finish tubing version that is available.Looked a bit Macgyvered but would probably still do the job couldn't be any more flow disruptive than the dirty great maze it replaces.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-2015-C...8AAOSwCRRa-HGr

Spyder Garage

There's various mandrel bent bits and pieces available on fleabay if you get stuck.Agree on the wrinkle finish tubing version that is available.Looked a bit Macgyvered but would probably still do the job couldn't be any more flow disruptive than the dirty great maze it replaces.
    You must have me confused with the original person posting. Our 2014 RTS has had a Lamonster cat delete on it since they first were offered. Very nice item, all stainless and welded like a true high performance exhaust. No regrets at all on that modification, and FWIW, does not and never has had a baffle installed. They were not offered / available then.

Spyder Garage

Wanted to add, there is a significant difference between your suggestion of going to a muffler shop and having one made vs buying the tube sections from EBay and welding it up yourself. Neither of your options seems better than just spending the money on a high quality pre made specific part. Sorry, simply my thoughts and opinion on your posts.

Spyder Garage

I have a 2015 RT-S also. I bought the Delete pipe from at one of the rallies in 2016 and tried it for about 6 months, But I like a very quiet bike and went back to original set up. We are leaving Mich Wed. But if you are interested in my slightly used pipe I will sell it for $100.00 + shipping and will ship it before we leave. We can take Pay-Pal for payment.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Wanted to add, there is a significant difference between your suggestion of going to a muffler shop and having one made vs buying the tube sections from EBay and welding it up yourself. Neither of your options seems better than just spending the money on a high quality pre made specific part. Sorry, simply my thoughts and opinion on your posts.
    He was asking for best price not worst.

Spyder Garage

The Contrarian's viewpoint. Save the money, your hearing and the environment. Take you family out to dinner instead.
    Eckhard

Spyder RT Ltd, 2011
    2011 RT Ltd. , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

He was asking for best price not worst.
    He asked about a cat delete pipe, not a DIY project, but yes, you are correct DIY could be the best price.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by almosthere View Post
    I have a 2015 RT-S also. I bought the Delete pipe from at one of the rallies in 2016 and tried it for about 6 months, But I like a very quiet bike and went back to original set up. We are leaving Mich Wed. But if you are interested in my slightly used pipe I will sell it for $100.00 + shipping and will ship it before we leave. We can take Pay-Pal for payment.
    Which cat delete did you purchase? I might be interested. If you can send a picture to creativeprecastdet@gmail.com, or text one to 919-649-2433, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

If you want a cat delete, but not more noise (other than a throatier tone) an RLS Exhaust delete with a resonator is for you. Every so often, Ricky has a reduced price sale. Call him - he's a straight up guy who will help with questions.
    https://rlsexhaust.com/collections/c...delete-muffler
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Joe and Ann of Squared Away. They are sponsors of Spyderlovers.com

Great people. They installed mine and am very happy with that and all the extras they have put on my Spyder.

Spyder Garage

My 10 year old great grandson installed mine. With my supervision and help with the springs. It's that easy.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

You want a pic? Here's a pic.....
    DSCN2716.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    You want a pic? Here's a pic.....
    DSCN2716.jpg
    Hang on I recognise that guy!!! He's from that home visit mob ''Low tension springs R us''

Spyder Garage

First rate quality, first rate guy. I visited him at his shop last fall on a ride down to the Ozarks. He installed it on the spot and shipped my OEM cat home at no extra charge.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Nice welds on his cat delete. We just did one last week. Fine work, first class.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system