Spyder Garage

Default Elka vs Fox Can Am Shocks

will be picking up a Ryker Ace in the next week and having owned other spyders in the past will want to upgrade the shocks. I could go with the Can Am offered Fox or get a stage 3 Elka shocks and save about 25%. For those of you who have installed the Elka's have you been happy with the change from the stock shocks. Anyone happen to ride on both options?

Spyder Garage

Have you considered the M2 shocks? I don't have a Ryker, but have run Fox shocks on both an RT and a F3. Both have performed well and without the leaking issues that the Elka's have had. My dealer stopped carrying Elka due to that problem.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member SportsterDoc's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

For a 180 # rider, one-up, the softest setting on the rear is suitable.
    The front is a bit harsh on rough roads...I would not want firmer.
    23 Moto Guzzi V7-850 SE 23 Yamaha XT250 18 Yamaha Bolt R-Spec 22 Triumph Street Twin 20 CanAM Ryker 900 14 Honda CB1100 18 Yamaha XT250 16 Moto Guzzi V7 II 17 Yamaha TW200 12 Triumph Bonneville 02 Sportster 1200 Sport 03 Sportster 883 76 Honda CB750F 75 Honda CB360 70 Yamaha CT1 72 Yamaha CT2 72 Yamaha AT2/CT2 70 Honda SL350 70 Honda CL350 67 Honda CL160 67 Honda CB160 62 Honda CA110
    2020 900 , NGK 4218 iridium CR8EIX Matte black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    Have you considered the M2 shocks? I don't have a Ryker, but have run Fox shocks on both an RT and a F3. Both have performed well and without the leaking issues that the Elka's have had. My dealer stopped carrying Elka due to that problem.
    thanks. I was leaning to the elka’s only because I am in Canada and more affordable than the m2’s. I will do some research on the leaking issue. I can buy the elka’s cheaper than the us $ price ignoring shipping on the m2’s so after factoring in the terrible exchange to us$ I am way ahead with the elks’s

Spyder Garage

I had Elkas on my 2014 RTL. Both front shocks leaked with less than 10K miles. Had them rebuilt and no additional problems for the next 30K miles when I sold the bike. If I had to do it again, I would go with Fox or M2s. The additional initial investment may be your least expensive option..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

I've had Elka Stage 2 shocks front & rear for 4 years / 40,000+ miles and have no problems with them.
    Great improvement over the oem shocks!
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    I have the M2's on my Ryker and are GREAT

Spyder Garage

How much ground clearance do you have under the radiator with the M2's. I know when you came to visit on the way back from getting them installed you had more clearance than my Rally but what is the actual measurement with the M2's?
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow