Spyder Garage

Default 2015 F3S to 2020 F3S SE

Traded in our 2015 F3S SM6 on a new 2020 F3S SE6. The 2015 was an excellent machine and we’re loving this new 2020 so far! My third Spyder and first one with the SE6!
    2020 CAN-AM Spyder F3-S Special Series (sold)

2022 CAN-AM Ryker Rally 900

Spyder Garage

Wow the semi-auto trans is a lot of fun and accelerates quick!

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Congrats! My first spyder was a 2014 RT SM6. I went with the manual because I couldn't see paying $1500 more for additional parts that could go bad. Then I picked up a 2012 RSS SE5 for a sweet deal. I figured at that price, I couldn't go wrong. But unfortunately the shift solenoid went bad and it cost me nearly $800 to have the problem fixed. After about 6-8 months, I decided to sell the RT and trade the RSS for a F3T. I was a little hesitant on the SE transmission due to the issue with the RSS. But again I came across a good deal on a leftover new bike. So I bit the bullet and have been happy for over 3 years with the bike. Now I think the SE transmission is the only way that I would want to go. However if the right deal came along on a used RSS SM5, I would love to pick it up.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Nice ride, I am BLUE!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    Congrats! My first spyder was a 2014 RT SM6. I went with the manual because I couldn't see paying $1500 more for additional parts that could go bad. Then I picked up a 2012 RSS SE5 for a sweet deal. I figured at that price, I couldn't go wrong. But unfortunately the shift solenoid went bad and it cost me nearly $800 to have the problem fixed. After about 6-8 months, I decided to sell the RT and trade the RSS for a F3T. I was a little hesitant on the SE transmission due to the issue with the RSS. But again I came across a good deal on a leftover new bike. So I bit the bullet and have been happy for over 3 years with the bike. Now I think the SE transmission is the only way that I would want to go. However if the right deal came along on a used RSS SM5, I would love to pick it up.
    Glad to hear the SE trans on your F3 T has been good! I hear ya with wanting a RSS SM5, I loved my RS with the SM5.