Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default To all you 2020 RT and RT Limited owners.

BRP is now offering an extra 24 months of their BEST warranty with a purchase of a 2020 RT or RTL. Even though I bought mine well before this incentive was offered, I called BRP and asked them I could get it. They said my dealer had to request it. They also said it doesn't cost the dealer any money, it's all on BRP. I called my dealer, he requested it for me and I now have an extra 24 months of BEST warranty. Call your dealer and ask.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Thank you for posting about the extended warranty. If you bought a new 2020 RT, jump on that one.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

We got it, too!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Did you get any paper work showing the extended warranty? I called the dealer I bought mine from and they said they the would "take care of it" but I would not recieve any paper work on it. How do I know I really have it? Is there a way to confirm it with BRP?

Spyder Garage

My dealer sent me an email saying I got it. Then, a few days later, I received an email from BRP saying I have it.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    My dealer sent me an email saying I got it. Then, a few days later, I received an email from BRP saying I have it.
    Same here, nice of BRP to cover my new Spyder for free!

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I just called my 2 buddies and they got their 4 years from the start (purchased theirs about 3 months ago). That is a good thing for them to offer up additional years or warranty like that. It seems that when manufacturers make a major change, they tend to add to the basic warranty to give the customer a better piece of mind. They did that for my 2014 RT, and even for my wife's 2009 nissan Maxima.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

A quick story for anybody with an extended warranty. I got four years of coverage when I bought my 2014, and was very sure to call several months ahead to look to purchase an extension. You can't generally buy an extended warranty for a Spyder that is out of the manufactures warranty, and what I discovered was that everything after the standard two(?) year warranty counts as extended.

So, if you want a longer warranty than what comes with it, you have to make those plans and make that purchase before the two year manufacturer's warranty expires, not before the end of this BEST extension.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

Called BRP today and was told the same as others here. The dealer has to call and get the warranty applied. BRP ran my vin number and said I was eligible! Will be calling dealer first thing tomorrow. Thanks for this info. And for anyone else waiting for their trailer hitch, they said they would start shipping them on or about July 1.
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixer View Post
    Called BRP today and was told the same as others here. The dealer has to call and get the warranty applied. BRP ran my vin number and said I was eligible! Will be calling dealer first thing tomorrow. Thanks for this info. And for anyone else waiting for their trailer hitch, they said they would start shipping them on or about July 1.
    And there should be no trouble from the dealer this go around. An earlier posting said the additional warranty was on BRP and no extra cost to the dealer. So your dealer has nothing to lose on this one.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good comment Copperman, so I sent my dealer a cc of your post here's the reply, no cigar for me.

I have looked into your request. The additional 24 months of warranty is a promotion that's currently being offered for customers purchasing a new Spyder, much like a rebate. The promotion must be claimed at the time of sale, the same way a rebate is claimed. Unfortunately, your Spyder was registered in February, four months prior to the warranty promotion being available, so it cannot be added now.

Spyder Garage

I asked my dealer, I'll see what happens. Fingers crossed.
    2020 RTL SE6 Asphalt Grey
    2014 RT SE6, Pearl White 57k (2014-2020)
    2008 GS Premier 17k (2012-2014)

Spyder Garage

I'll be seriously surprised if we get this in the uk!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Good comment Copperman, so I sent my dealer a cc of your post here's the reply, no cigar for me.

I have looked into your request. The additional 24 months of warranty is a promotion that's currently being offered for customers purchasing a new Spyder, much like a rebate. The promotion must be claimed at the time of sale, the same way a rebate is claimed. Unfortunately, your Spyder was registered in February, four months prior to the warranty promotion being available, so it cannot be added now.
    I would recommend getting a case started with BRP on this. Earlier posts stated that the extended warranty for the new 2020's was on BRP $$. The dealer has nothing to lose by offering customer service. A person who was an early adopter should not be punished on this deal. It will be interesting to see what BRP's reply will be.

Try brp.care@brp.com

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Call BRP customer service and have them "Open a Case" for you about this. They will contact your dealer and you'll get the extra warranty. Your Dealer is giving you the runaround. I bought mine in March and got it. A friend who bought one before me got his. You have to shake things up a little with your dealer.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

I got two years on mine and it was a demo.
    I also got an email from BRP that showed the extended warranty
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

That is wrong because I got my bike in March an the extended my warranty to 1/1/2024
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by samewok View Post
    I got thirty two years on mine and it was a demo.
    I also got an email from BRP that showed the extended warranty

Thirty two years?
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cooperman and ArTraveler, thanks gents for your comments on this subject. I have pursued further with the dealer after they reported a negative reply from BRP. The following quote/unquote from the sales and finance manager, so I hope there will be a positive resolution. on this second inquiry.

"Bill,
    I certainly want to make sure you get what you're entitled to as a customer. I will push the matter up to my BRP rep anyway and allow him and BRP to make the final call on this. I'll get back to you with what they say."

Spyder Garage

Try not to be so pessimistic brother, it (could) happen

2011 RT-S SE5, Acumen Tempest Cat-1 Alarm, SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner,
    Autocom Super Pro Auto, Garmin Zumo 550 BT, 10amp Socket, Front Fender LED's,
    Grip Puppies, Spyderpop Belt Guard, Nautilus Horn, Shortee Antenna, BajaRon's Swaybar,
    Cree LED Day Running Lights.

Spyder Garage

I wonder if this would apply to a new 2019? I bought mine two weeks ago from a dealer. It had 96 miles on it. It was used on their training course. When I bought it, the dealer indicated it still had 14 months on the warranty.

Spyder Garage

May you never have to use it!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

"Bill,
    I certainly want to make sure you get what you're entitled to as a customer. I will push the matter up to my BRP rep anyway and allow him and BRP to make the final call on this. I'll get back to you with what they say."
    You should get it now. All your dealer has to do is request it for you. There's no cost to the Dealer fir this extension. If he comes back and say the BRP rep says no can do, you need to call BRP customer service and "open a case". Now, this is assuming you didn't purchase an extended warranty at time of purchase. If you did, then I don't know.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

my sales person just told me that he talked to his “rep” and knows nothing about this ....

Spyder Garage

sales person just texted back saying that they have made a request for me to BRP...