Spyder Garage

Default 2018 F3L ride height.

Someone said that there was a possibility that my wifes 2018 suspension fault light coming on, might be due to the Elka shocks changing the ride height. Does anyone know what the correct ride height for a 2018 F3L should be and where do I measure it?

We just got it back from the dealer after being there over 2 weeks. BRP had them change out the compressor but the light still comes on after riding for about 25 miles.

Thank you
    John

Spyder Garage

Not exactly sure where to officially measure ride height, but my F3L measures 15" at the outside back corner of the passenger floorboard. Engine is off, but i did ride it earlier today so the bag should be at "normal" pressure...
    2017 Can Am Commander Limited
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Black Diamond
    2020 F3 Limited Magma Red (miss the 2011 Viper red)
    2010 RT622 - Black

Spyder Garage

The dealer tells me that the ride height is adjusted by the computer in the shop? When I questioned about what part did the computer adjust......I just got a blank stare. They also told me that BRP had them reset a relay. I again asked, what relay and how was it reset......(you guessed it) another blank stare. So I have now re adjusted the Elka shocks and so far there is no more fault light.

Just wondering if anyone has ever heard of a computer setting the ride height that is only done in the shop? As for resetting the relay...Im just gonna treasure the blank stares I got when I asked how they did that.

Kudos to Elka, they have been fantastic during this process in helping me reset up a set of used shocks.

John

Spyder Garage

Sounds like they do the talk the talk part, but not the walk the walk part.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Page 680 of the shop manual shows the operation using BUDS to reset ride height with 200 lbs on rear seat. There is a potentiometer which conveys information to computer to adjust ride height. Adjusting spring preload of your Elka Shock put the suspension within original factory setting.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue