Spyder Garage

Default Dealer fun, advice needed

i have the best luck ever lol

i got my ryker rally on friday. i went with the urban camo exclusive panels as i saw the promo for the free upgrade.
    when i was charged for them, i asked about the promo and my salesman said it only covered the basic stock panels.
    i should have disputed that but i wasnt sure i read it correctly and that is my fault.
    so i was told to take a copy of the promo to the dealer to get my money back this week.
    they were bought out saturday.......
    now i have no recourse as the new dealer is only getting the inventory and service dept. they dont have to honor or fix any errors or deals as everything was closed out.
    atleast they are going to make sure i get my comfort seats that will be in monday, so thats a plus

it my fault for not issuing a challenge right then and having it handled but excitement and trying to get back to work got the best of me.

i am guessing i just need to move on, or does anyone have any ideas on what to do? from what experiance i have with can am customer service so far, i doubt they would do anything. the guy i talked to didnt even know about the promos when i called for clarification on what the requirements were to get the promo.

thanks for letting me vent and have a good day

Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

2 thoughts...
    Ask the new dealer nicely if he'll hook you up, since you'll likely be back there for service.
    Contact BRP directly...i think it's brpcares@brp.com or something similar...maybe they'll help.

BTW...
    Raprider (Rich)

2016 Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 Steel Black Metallic (Blackbird)
    BRP Audio, Heated Grips, Fog Lights, Passenger Backrest, Givi Saddlebags/Top Case
    BajaRon Swaybar, TricLed Wide-Vu Mirrors, Lamonster Ram mount and X-grip, Sena 20S Evo Dual
    TricLed Sequential Front SpyderFenderz, Dual Color Run/Brake/Turn LEDs, Brake Flasher
    Kumho Ecsta AST installed on rear 4/2021

1996 Yamaha Virago 750 (Vera) - still riding
    1987 Honda Shadow 500 (Shady) - sold
    1982 Honda Rebel 250 (Little Reb) - sold

2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

already talked to the new dealer, but it was the parts guy when i was trying to find out about my comfort seats.
    i will be picking them up tuesday and will try to talk to a sales manager or general manager, yes i will be using them for service.
    i would even settle for a credit toward merch or service

thanks for the reply and i absolutely love my ryker.

Dave

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ddorand View Post
    already talked to the new dealer, but it was the parts guy when i was trying to find out about my comfort seats.
    i will be picking them up tuesday and will try to talk to a sales manager or general manager, yes i will be using them for service.
    i would even settle for a credit toward merch or service

thanks for the reply and i absolutely love my ryker.

Dave

Well, surley NOT!! That bold bit should be 'when you ARE talking to a senior manager, you MIGHT be using them for service'.... After all, if they don't look after you now, who's to say they'll ever bother to look after you (or anyone else) by doing your servicing properly?!?

It might be at least partly 'your fault' for not challenging immediately, but in the overall scheme of things, a set of panels is a tiny hit for them while its a major hit for you, and right now, the ball is squarely in their court! By absorbing that tiny hit they can score a vast amount of good will & ongoing customer support for their business by showing that they WILL do the right thing & look after their customers...... But if they blow you off now, they not only don't get that good will & risk you telling the world they're a bunch of cheapskate lowlives, they also set a precedent for their likely future behaviour, implying 'tough luck buddy, you're on your own; and btw, any chance we get to stick it to you, we will!!'

I certainly wouldn't start off any discussion you have with them this way, be polite and give them a chance first, but if it's not looking good, it's not going to hurt you to start to introduce these thoughts into the discussion!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-02-2020 at 09:21 AM. Reason: [B]
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

i emailed can am this morning, we shall see what they say.

thanks again all

Spyder Garage

i got my ryker rally on friday. i went with the urban camo exclusive panels as i saw the promo for the free upgrade.
    when i was charged for them, i asked about the promo and my salesman said it only covered the basic stock panels.

~~~went through the same scenario when I bought mine. The dealership sales manager handled my sale so I assumed it was legit

i am guessing i just need to move on, or does anyone have any ideas on what to do?

Dave

~~~I wouldn't let it create a wedge where one shouldn't exist. Let it go. I have an idea since I had the same experience cept' the manager wrote mine up, it's legit. Besides, it's only a hundred bucks. Save your whining for a much larger farking=:-)

Others may have better and different ideas

Best,

Jake
    Reddick Fla.
    Never rely on the glory of the morning nor the smiles of your Mother-in-law
    -Japanese Proverb
    2020 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

@jake i got exclusive panels and they retail for 350. the new dealer has basically told me tough poop as they dont have to honor anything from the old dealer. i emailed can am as a final try and explained to them what happened. not looking good. oh well. my sales guy is popular around here, well known. if he pops up at another bike shop i will make sure they know how he rolls.

Dave

Spyder Garage

just got an email from can am, my case has been escalated to a senior customer service member. so atleast thats good news i hope.

Dave

Spyder Garage

after a few emails back and forth asking me a few questions, they had me send them a copy of the bill of sale
    things are looking up

Dave

Spyder Garage

got an email today, can am is asking the new dealer to make it right. i will get my money back for the panels. more than likely a store credit or credit toward can am accessories etc. fine with me

Dave

Very Active Member SportsterDoc's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Persistence usually pays off!

But be cautious in your dealings with the new ownership.

The local Moto Guzzi, Triumph, Aprilla, etc dealer changed ownership a few years ago. The original owners, the Yuli Brothers, were a pleasure to do business with. The new owner is all about $ and perhaps ego. I liked the sales manager, parts manager and service manager, but now none of those brands are in my future.

Sometimes change is good, but often it is not.

Hope for a good conclusion to your saga!
    23 Moto Guzzi V7-850 SE 23 Yamaha XT250 18 Yamaha Bolt R-Spec 22 Triumph Street Twin 20 CanAM Ryker 900 14 Honda CB1100 18 Yamaha XT250 16 Moto Guzzi V7 II 17 Yamaha TW200 12 Triumph Bonneville 02 Sportster 1200 Sport 03 Sportster 883 76 Honda CB750F 75 Honda CB360 70 Yamaha CT1 72 Yamaha CT2 72 Yamaha AT2/CT2 70 Honda SL350 70 Honda CL350 67 Honda CL160 67 Honda CB160 62 Honda CA110
    2020 900 , NGK 4218 iridium CR8EIX Matte black

Spyder Garage

already cautious as i had to get the seats from them that i ordered and they were very snarky at first.

my local bike shop does all my service and such, i have a very good relationship with them.

they have a tech that has don can am work so i will be using them for service except where they absolutely cannot do it. like a belt etc

Dave

Spyder Garage

Once plastic panels are removed and the front assembly is tilted up for access to CVT, it does appear to be that complicated.

I was in an Ace Hardware Monday and found a 8mm x 80mm bolt to separate sheaves for belt removal, but could not remember the pitch.
    23 Moto Guzzi V7-850 SE 23 Yamaha XT250 18 Yamaha Bolt R-Spec 22 Triumph Street Twin 20 CanAM Ryker 900 14 Honda CB1100 18 Yamaha XT250 16 Moto Guzzi V7 II 17 Yamaha TW200 12 Triumph Bonneville 02 Sportster 1200 Sport 03 Sportster 883 76 Honda CB750F 75 Honda CB360 70 Yamaha CT1 72 Yamaha CT2 72 Yamaha AT2/CT2 70 Honda SL350 70 Honda CL350 67 Honda CL160 67 Honda CB160 62 Honda CA110

Spyder Garage

i like my local shop enough that i would buy the tool and service manual for them to do my repairs. they take care of me that much.

Dave

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SportsterDoc View Post
    I was in an Ace Hardware Monday and found a 8mm x 80mm bolt to separate sheaves for belt removal

~~~does the OEM manual say to use bolts to separate the sheaves for belt removal Doc? Just asking, I’ve never done it that way, to R&R a CVT belt. Not that anyone asked but, anytime I’ve replaced a CVT belt on a two wheeler that used CVT for propulsion, the way I went about it (& I’ve done 3or 4 anyways) was to remove the crankshaft nut that holds the drive pulley halves together, then slide the belt free from the driven pulley

Best,

Jake
    Reddick Fla.
    2020 Rally , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by shakin_jake View Post
    ~~~does the OEM manual say to use bolts to separate the sheaves for belt removal Doc? Just asking, I’ve never done it that way, to R&R a CVT belt. Not that anyone asked but, anytime I’ve replaced a CVT belt on a two wheeler that used CVT for propulsion, the way I went about it (& I’ve done 3or 4 anyways) was to remove the crankshaft nut that holds the drive pulley halves together, then slide the belt free from the driven pulley

Best,

Jake
    Reddick Fla.
    Not sure the manual says to do this but its common practice on these types of clutches. On the snowmobile BRP provides a little tool (essentially a bolt with a handle) in the toolkit for this. Screw in the bolt, this splits the secondary clutch so the belt can drop in and have slack. Then pull belt off primary and secondary clutch. Put new belt on, remove bolt. Easy peasy...5 minute process.

Spyder Garage

i should have disputed that but i wasnt sure i read it correctly and that is my fault.
    so i was told to take a copy of the promo to the dealer to get my money back this week.
    they were bought out saturday.......
    now i have no recourse as the new dealer is only getting the inventory and service dept. they dont have to honor or fix any errors or deals as everything was closed out.
    atleast they are going to make sure i get my comfort seats that will be in monday, so thats a plus

it my fault for not issuing a challenge right then and having it handled but excitement and trying to get back to work got the best of me.

i am guessing i just need to move on, or does anyone have any ideas on what to do? from what experiance i have with can am customer service so far, i doubt they would do anything. the guy i talked to didnt even know about the promos when i called for clarification on what the requirements were to get the promo.

Dave
    How did this thread turn into CVT belt replacement.....just wondering.

Spyder Garage

cause i brought it up, talking about the new dealer and having service done at my favorite non can am dealership :P

Dave

Spyder Garage

cause i brought it up, talking about the new dealer and having service done at my favorite non can am dealership
    Post 12, re continuing service at dealer with new owner, which was the trigger for this thread.

Spyder Garage

Jake
    The BRP tools are the 8mm bolt 529 000 088 ($12.49) and 708 200 720 ($25.99)
    What I did not know
    a. Must bolt be turned down at tip. An 8mm x 90mm bolt at Ace Hardware is $2.19
    b. May bolt be used directly on the sheave or must it be used with part 708 200 720

Thought I saw a video on belt replacement using only the bolt, but may be mistaken.

This has been answered by CanAmRyker in a new thread:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...archid=1236577

Still looking for video

Spyder Garage

It's all clear too me now. SORRY..."I BAD"
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...99#post1523999

Spyder Garage

Not BAD, thanks for posting the thread with the tools.
    Now, help me find the how to video...