Spyder Garage

Default Zumo XT will not connect with Garmin Basecamp

Zumo XT will not connect with Garmin Basecamp on an Apple Imac computer...with Catalina OS...
    Has anyone had this problem ?? Its there a fix ????

Spyder Garage

I use basecamp with my 590 an a iMac but do not have an XT! Would love one though but will wait for all the bugs to be worked out
    2015 an Am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Yamaha WR250R - Sold
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5 Limited - Sold
    2011 Aspen Sentry Trailer
    2003 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2007 Unigo Trailer - Sold
    2001 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2001 Honda 750 NightHawk - sold
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by biker01red View Post
    Zumo XT will not connect with Garmin Basecamp on an Apple Imac computer...with Catalina OS...
    Has anyone had this problem ?? Its there a fix ????
    Have you tried calling Garmin Support, 800.800.1020? I can count on fewer than five fingers a problem they couldn't solve in five years of working my Zumo 590 and BaseCamp.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Same problem here. Called them once and it still does not work. They just sent me some links they said were helpful. On my windows laptop it is just the opposite. I can connect to Basecamp but Garmin express will not recognize it. I did delete basecamp once and reinstalled it and It connected once after a long wait but It crashed and I never got it back.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    ...On my windows laptop it is just the opposite. I can connect to Basecamp but Garmin express will not recognize it...
    Have you deleted Garmin Express and reinstalled it? I've found that with both Windows 7 and Windows 10 Garmin Express is slow to recognize the connection, not really slow but not like flash drive quick.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Ill try that. I normally make all my routes on my windows laptop. I got the IMac to to make it easier but with Catalina, It has been a pain to do anything.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

My son, a BMW Adventure rider, struggled with BaseCamp on an Apple desktop for a couple of years until he got so p o'ed he finally bought a small Windows laptop to use the program.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    Have you tried calling Garmin Support, 800.800.1020? I can count on fewer than five fingers a problem they couldn't solve in five years of working my Zumo 590 and BaseCamp.
    I called Garmin Support, was on the phone 40 minutes with a Tech, he could not resolve the problem. Said he would set up a “Case” and an advanced Tech would contact me. Next day I got an email from another Tech stating the XT will not work on an Apple computer with Catalina OS !! Nothing ever stated in their ads or website about that. I am stuck with an XT I can’t use.. If I cannot find a cure for the problem,I will post the XT to sell !!! I have been a Garmin user for many years, never had an issue before.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    Ill try that. I normally make all my routes on my windows laptop. I got the IMac to to make it easier but with Catalina, It has been a pain to do anything.
    My issue is the same, the XT connects to Basecamp for about six seconds, then Basecamp shuts down. Did this several times with the Garmin Tech on the phone...problem not resolved

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bmwlarry View Post
    I use basecamp with my 590 an a iMac but do not have an XT! Would love one though but will wait for all the bugs to be worked out
    Do you have the Catalina OS on your IMac ?? If so, since the 590 works, I assume the 595LM would also work ?? If so, I might invest in one of them.. I can’t return the XT because I had already installed the mount and cradle on my bike..never used !!

Spyder Garage

I'm having the same problem. On my IMAC ( Catalina) I can connect Garmin Express to my XT and do the map updates, but it will not connect to Basecamp. On my 2012 MacBook Air ( Catalina) it will connect with both Express and Basecamp.

When I do connect with Express on my IMAC, even though it works, Finder still shows no connection to the IMAC. I've about given up though on figuring out Basecamp. I can build a route quicker directly on the XT. The XT is great, much better, faster and brighter than my 660 was.

2022 Spyder RT Limited Sea to Sky Mystery Blue

Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Might it be suggested to stop using Basecamp and try a different routing program that works with Garmin, including the XT?
    2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series

Spyder Garage

That was my point( indirectly I guess). I giving up on Basecamp and doing it on the XT.

2022 Spyder RT Limited Sea to Sky Mystery Blue

Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by george123 View Post
    That was my point( indirectly I guess). I giving up on Basecamp and doing it on the XT.
    There are a number of routing programs available. There are also a number of threads on this forum about them. I have used myrouteapp for years and it’s great.
    2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series

Spyder Garage

I use Mac OS Catalina (on a MacBook Air)and Basecamp with my Zumo 595LM regularly, never a problem connecting or transferring routes.
    2014 RTS SM6 , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dgdecker View Post
    I use Mac OS Catalina (on a MacBook Air)and Basecamp with my Zumo 595LM regularly, never a problem connecting or transferring routes.
    I also use my 590 LM on the iMac and it connects without issues. It even shows the mountains and hills where on my laptop it won't.
    On my windows laptop the only issue is the XT will not connect to Garmin express. I did the updates on it threw the iMac.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by george123 View Post
    I'm having the same problem. On my IMAC ( Catalina) I can connect Garmin Express to my XT and do the map updates, but it will not connect to Basecamp. On my 2012 MacBook Air ( Catalina) it will connect with both Express and Basecamp.

When I do connect with Express on my IMAC, even though it works, Finder still shows no connection to the IMAC. I've about given up though on figuring out Basecamp. I can build a route quicker directly on the XT. The XT is great, much better, faster and brighter than my 660 was.
    My experience is exactly the same. I will try building a route on the XT. I have not tried that.