Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Aftermarket wiring suggestions...on a JT mount

I have one of the JT mounts just behind the windscreen (above the dash). Currently, I have my phone mounted there (on a long RAM arm) and will be mounting a GPS there shortly. Currently, I have one of Lamonsters USB cable extensions run to the handlebars from the OEM USB connection in the frunk. I want to continue to use the cable but relocate it. I'll also need to run the GPS power cable (looks to be much more significant than a "power cord") to the frunk for power.

I want it to look as close to OEM/factory as possible. i.e. it could have come from the factory that way even though it didn't. I know I can't quite achieve that w/o drilling holes (which I'm NOT willing to do). I've seen a GPS wiring bundle run into where the safety card normally resides. That's ok but I'd prefer something a bit more stealthy. JT himself said running power wires into one of the windscreen arm holes is do-able but I'm not sure if there's room for the end of the USB and the entire GPS cable.

What have you done? (with pics, please) If you haven't ran wiring this way, what could you suggest? If need be, I'll rip out (sorry, gently remove) the safety card and run the wires that way but that doesn't achieve the look I'm after and I think I'd have to dismantle parts of the dash.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Anybody?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    Anybody?
    I have the same mount setup, but did not run wiring to it. Sorry.

Actually, I have not even mounted anything to it yet.

Spyder Garage

I shamelessly copied the dash mount and ran the wires for my LM 660 gps down the center windshield lever hole. I secured it to one side and have NO problems, No chaffing of the wire.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post
    ...ran the wires for my LM 660 gps down the center windshield lever hole. I secured it to one side and have NO problems, No chaffing of the wire.

Lew L
    Lew, I thank you. I just got done doing the same. Ran out of daylight (no garage....next house will have one) but I got it all done except for putting the Tupperware back on before it got dark. I've messed w/the Tupperware enough, I think I could do that blindfolded (which was pretty much how it went tonight). I haven't wired anything up (maybe tomorrow) but it's all mounted.

Again, I thank you.

HAGO!