Spyder Garage

Default Removal of panel around dash / cluster

Not sure if that's the correct terminology- but looking to add a waterproof cigarette lighter to use for charging the battery (trickle or solar) plan on wiring (via fuse)direct to battery or to "jumper points" have seen suggestions to use surround of dash, how do I access? take off lots of Tupperware?, other option would be just below passengers grab handle in the honeycomb bit? anybody done similar yet. prefer left side due to garage parking/power/window for solar. Open to suggestions and experience

Spyder Garage

Hello, I installed a weather proof lighter on mine on the right side of the cluster. I removed my instrument cluster so I could have access to the wiring inside the cowling. The cluster removes easily by pressing in two tabs on top of the cover. Drill a hole and pop it in. Wire to a harness that should be wire-tied to the frame where the frunk latches. Look under the plastic cover above the frunk and you should see it there. I would suggest an inline fuse. One of the wires in that harness is connected directly to the battery, another is switched (turns on with the ignition). Sorry, no pictures to show at the moment. You may have to add a fuse to the front fuse box if you ever decide to use that as a 12v accessory.
    2010 Full Moon Silver RS SE5

Spyder Garage

Appreciated- thinking that's the way to go, am aware of how sensitive these are to power drops, so want to add to something that won't create issues (hence feed to starter solenoid/ relay) I did identify an bewitched unswitched live on the fuse block so maybe there and fused.

Spyder Garage

Bloody spellchecker- thinks it's about a 60's B&W tv show!!!

Spyder Garage

No worries! Good luck with the project.
    2010 Full Moon Silver RS SE5