Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

The tunes work but must be mp3 files in a directory called MP3 on the microSD card. If you have music playing the spoken directions will indeed override the music.

Basecamp has a steep learning curve to be sure. Once you learn it, it does work. The ALT key is your friend.

Sorry it did not work out for you. I cannot use a cell phone for navigation as the text is just too small to read and I have lost several high end phones out of handlebar grips.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I started my digital maps using Delorme Street Atlas, which I loved, to decide on a route, and then used MapSource, now BaseCamp, to set
    it up and send it to my Garmin GPS. Street Atlas worked great, but Garmin bought it and then quit any updating. Street Atlas was so much
    better to use to plan out a route, but whatcha gonna do?

I also use Google maps to plan routes, then use BaseCamp to create the same route to send to my Garmin Nuvi. Works very well, much better
    than a tank bag and clear cover.
    Peggy and Howard

Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S SM5

His: 1999 Honda VFR Interceptor

Spyder Garage

If you have Apple iPad iPhone inRoute is the easiest route planning app. I used it all the time and I have a Garmin ZumaXT.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    The tunes work but must be mp3 files in a directory called MP3 on the microSD card. If you have music playing the spoken directions will indeed override the music.

Sorry it did not work out for you. I cannot use a cell phone for navigation as the text is just too small to read and I have lost several high end phones out of handlebar grips.
    On the 1st XT, a few were FLAC. It's entirely possible those may have corrupted the entire system. Seems like a long shot but I've seen odder things happen to computers.

I have a HUGE phone (Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra). Not much bigger w/o going to a small tablet. (Actually, I HAVE a tablet that size.) For the most part, I only need to see (2) things on the map. I want to see the area that tells me which lane I need to be in (if I'm in a city) and I want to see the area that tells me where my next turn is. Other than that, especially out in the middle of nowhere, Google Maps will let me know where and when I need to turn/exit starting about 2 miles ahead. That's usually enough for me (other than the previously mentioned city traffic).

I almost lost my new phone out of a bike mount the other day. (I posted about it.) Had it not been pseudo tethered to the bike via the power cable, I think I would have lost it completely. That's why I'm looking for a new phone mount.

Spyder Garage

I just pur purchased an XT from Lamonster. Hopi i will be able to figure it out!!! Bruce
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Spyder Garage

I use google maps ain’t no better than google in my opinion I don’t need to see the road it’s safer not to be looking at your phone anyway turn by turn audio works fine