Spyder Garage

Default 600 Mile Check up Complete and some additions

I just got back from a 2up test ride in the mountains after getting my 2020 Spyder RTL back from the dealer. I had the 600 mile checkup completed, the handlebars changed from close in to the next position shorter/smaller, a new sway bar added, the brake warranty item installed, and the Comfort Seat installed. Now the only thing I am waiting is the hitch and the warranty fix on the plastic around the passenger handles.

I will try take some pictures later to put up.

First assessment:
    Handlebars are way more comfortable for me.
    Comfort Seat seems a tad higher in the back for my wife and she says is way more comfortable with possibly just a little more room but I did not measure against the stock seat. Also more comfortable for me.
    The Sway bar made it stiffer and handling better, my opinion, on twisty roads.
    For whatever reason it seemed to be a smoother ride after the 600 mile maintenance but I am sure that is probably because I haven't been riding enough and have a faulty memory.

Just passing this on and after lunch heading out for a few more hours on the Spyder.
    2020 Limited , Petrol Metallic

Spyder Garage

Was your 600 mile service 100% complimentary from the dealership? If not, where was the dealership service guy hiding the gun? Your operator's guide as every one from MY 2014 for the 1330 ACE engine scheduled the first maintenance at 3,000 miles.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

What handlebar did you have installed? Please post a picture.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    Was your 600 mile service 100% complimentary from the dealership? If not, where was the dealership service guy hiding the gun? Your operator's guide as every one from MY 2014 for the 1330 ACE engine scheduled the first maintenance at 3,000 miles.
    x 2. The 600 mile service is a carry over from the 998 v twins of which yours is not.
    If you were charged for the service ($300 or so?), I would have a friendly talk with the dealer. IMO...this is now a rip off service. I would look up and bring them a copy of the manual which explains service intervals in detail. They should refund any money you were charged...unless you really think the service was needed. Then...it's your call.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

So, I have already sent my comments to my dealer in an email and so far he has always been responsive. Thanks and good points, not complimentary work. However, once I chose my handlebars in theory he could have charged me to change them and didn't. So we will see what he says. That said I am planning to take the Spyder to remote MN without many dealers, as soon as I get a Bear Track trailer to haul it, so maybe it was OK to get the oil changed and the other things done that did not need doing done. Now I guess the oil will need to change the oil at 3,600 miles .

The following are pictures of the handle bar. I rode it over to Williamsport, MD and had a great time on back roads. The next challenge is to get everything bluetoothed (e.g., Garmin Zumo & Helmet) to the BRP system and understand what I do and don't want to use. I was messing with it then the rain came so something for another day.

Again like usual thanks for comments, even if they are you should have read your manual.

IMG-1795.jpg
    IMG-1796.jpg
    IMG-1797.jpg
    IMG-1798.jpg
    2020 Limited , Petrol Metallic

Spyder Garage

Unfortunately, a few dealers out there do not know diddly about the finer points of the Spyder.

My current motto is trust their word as far as you can throw them with one hand. If you trust, then verify. SL is a good place to come on for advice anytime. There are many knowledgeable people on board.

We don't like to see or hear of our fellow members getting ripped off or being given bad information or advice.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by will View Post
    The next challenge is to get everything bluetoothed (e.g., Garmin Zumo & Helmet) to the BRP system and understand what I do and don't want to use. I was messing with it then the rain came so something for another day.

Again like usual thanks for comments, even if they are you should have read your manual.
    You can only bluetooth your smartphone and headsets to the bike/BRP Connect. To use a Garmin would require additional wire harness installed in the bike. The BRP Connect Can be used for music and GPS along with a few other apps. Again. check the manual to learn more about the new dash system. There are also tutorials on Youtube. Links on the BRP web site.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

I am surprised you fell for the 600 mile service. Was that your suggestion or the dealer? Reading the owners manual is a good thing ... do they still provide a paper copy?
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue