Spyder Garage

Default 2012 Rt Limited Air Suspension Question.

Hi
    Does the RT bleed all the air out of the suspension air bag when you switch it off?? Works fine when im riding and the compressor isnt permanently running and pumps up and down fine on the button. But when i got home yesterday I stuck a pressure gauge on the shraeder valve and it was 28psi... this morning I checked it before I started it up and it was zero... just worried I may have a small leak somewhere??

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Should hold air when turned off...Probably has a slow leak...Most leak at push lock air fittings...Some have reported check valves corroded and leak air back thru compressor...A few have had air bag problems...The air system is very small and the slightest leak will exhaust air in a very short time...A spray bottle with soap and water can be used to check air bag and push lock fittings...If its the check valve the air will leak back out the compressor inlet...I've never hear of anyone having a problem with exhaust valve...larryd

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

As well as the little valve core assembly inside the Schrader valve itself. Retighten with Schrader valve core tool.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Where is the valve located (pics) I have the same bike never checked it..What is the psi supposed to be? Thanx

Spyder Garage

If the schrader valve is ok. My best guess is the one way valve (check valve) is what is leaking air.
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wilpir View Post
    Where is the valve located (pics) I have the same bike never checked it..What is the psi supposed to be? Thanx
    Hey Wilpir. Under the seat, right hand side. Looks just like a tire valve stem. The pressure will be dependent on your setting that you select with the switch. At this point, I'll refer you to your owners manual regarding adjusting both your front and rear suspension, starting on page 48.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Cheers Guys... will look into all your suggestions..

Spyder Garage

Does anyone know where I can find a schematic drawing of the air system so i know where to start looking?

Spyder Garage

Easy access is limited. You'll need to remove the right side cover. The check valve, bleed valve, and most hose connections are below the Schrader valve. There's also the possibility some small stones have accumulated between the bottom of the airbag and the cup it sits in, causing a small leak.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

My check valve leaked by and took out the pump last year! Instead of putting another pump in and wasting good money for something that I did not adjust up and down ever, I just took a piece of air line and went from the Schrader valve direct to the air bag! Works great, other than getting a hole in the air bag it should be rock solid! The bike will ride like crap with no air in that bag, been there did that
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpot View Post
    Easy access is limited. You'll need to remove the right side cover. The check valve, bleed valve, and most hose connections are below the Schrader valve. There's also the possibility some small stones have accumulated between the bottom of the airbag and the cup it sits in, causing a small leak.
    Grandpot, This is the cup Doc H. was using under the air bags to help protect from stone damage...You need to drill a hole in the center and get a slightly longer metric bolt...

https://www.supplyhouse.com/Fernco-Q...iABEgKhHfD_BwE