Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Puzzled...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Smile

Heck, being from Oregon originally...I make people's eyes bug out, when I point out Oregon is THREE times the size of Indiana. Then I get a few grins and giggles, pointing out there are places you can ride in Oregon...and the only thing you'll see are jackrabbits mating...

Sigh...I sure miss my dear old Beaver State...
    Happy SE5 Owner

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hello there Dragonrider.Havent been back to this site in awhile probaly do to lack of riders,sure would be neat to get a few or as many as we can for a ride some where some time this summer, is it summer yet?Whata you or others think. This Saturday there will be a Poker Run for Toys for Tykes and a Barbacue food included, Meet Coos Cycle, Bayshore Blvd Coos Bay 9-10 am till midnight so it says so there will be Music at the food Locale Greenspot Coos Bay after Poker Run cost 15.00 including food maybe see you other Sypder Riders There. Dennis

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Another one

I'm in Eastern OR - saw one with a WA plate here in Eastern OR once

Spyder Garage

I bought my Spyder in Bend - by far the best deal in the area - but I haven't been back over there with it yet. Probably won't until later in the season… Found some great roads around here, if anyone's interested.

I love Coos Bay & Bandon, but the weather has got to get better, before I'll head down there on a bike!!

Spyder Garage

Default Southern Oregon Spyderlovers checking in

We're in the Grants Pass/Cave Junction area, and our weekend rides take us regularly to the coast, Crescent City or Brookings; or over the hill to Happy Camp and follow the river to Yreka. Last weekend we rode from Brookings up to Bandon, then over to Roseburg and south on I-5. Anywhere within a 350 mile radius is a great day trip.

Right after we got the RT, we spotted a yellow Spyder and a few weeks later, a white one, both at the main intersection heading out towards the coast.

Our dealer (Ted @ WaterWorld in Medford) says he knows there are about 30 Spyders in this area, but we have never seen another Spyder while we've been out riding. I can see I-5 from my office in Grants Pass and have never seen one even passing by.....

. . . .but I know they're out there . . . somewhere . . . .
    Vaughn
    Spyder Cat's other half
    Passing thru Southern Oregon? Come ryde with us SOreSpyders@yahoo.com

2010 RT-SE5 PE#783
    Mods: Corbin Custom Seat & passenger arm rests; Elka Shocks, RT622 trailer, and lots and lots of gas. . . . and did I mention, a new rear tire?
    2010 RS , custom home made billet Red/Black

Spyder Garage

There were three of us at our "meet & greet", & I've seen one other Spyder in the Portland area. I really think most of these sit in a garage and rarely see the road.

Did the Clackamas river loop (Estacada to Detroit lake) with a couple of two wheeled friends. Was a great ride, and with the dozens of other bikes, I had the only Spyder..

I've a good friend who's ordering a RT next month from the new dealer in Boise - I'm sure he'll ride it over, when it arrives.

Someone asked about Yellowstone - the best time to go is early September. Good weather, and NO kids. Roads and motels are pretty open..

RT-S PE-0399
    Spyder Garage

I was at the meet and greet. Other than that I have only seen 2 other Spyders up here. Both were RSs, one was by Nike and the other on I5 by the PIR exit.

I do know that my Spyder can only come out and play when I am not at work. Have to drive company car, M-F but Spyder is out to play on week-ends.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Oh, well! Better late than never.....
    Bought my Black RT-S SE5 on August 25th from SK Northwest in Portland and have close to 3,000 miles on it so far. In years past, I've been an Iron Butt ryder (competed in and finished the 2001 Iron Butt Rally) and plan on putting my RT to the test. Rode it to Street Vibrations last month. Handled like a dream. Pushed it to the limit through the twisties on the way to Virginia City. Handled MUCH better than expected. Anyway, I'm here in S.E. Portland looking for excuses to ryde!

RT-S PE-0399
    Spyder Garage

I have been seeing a black RT on Murray Blvd the last couple of weeks, anybody on here?

Spyder Garage

Default Hell's Canyon Rally in Baker, Or

I'll be at the Rally this June, any other Spyders planning on making that trip?

Spyder Garage

8-L - that Black RT was probably mine - you may notice the changed Avatar… just couldn't get comfortable on my RS, so I sold it last fall & I got a great deal on a used RT S SE5 with 1800 miles on the clock..

BTW, what June gathering?? Where?? I'm going to go to Spydergirl's gathering in August (briefly), then back to prep for my trip to Yellowstone and the Tetons in September. Going to trailer there & spend a week in the parks on the Spyder..

The RT's headed for the shop in early March to fix a coolant leak, but any nice weather after that, I'd be up for a meet somewhere with the locals...
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I live in Newberg with my yellow '09 RS SE5 but am currently riding around Puerto Vallarta, Mx. Will return in early April, then off to SpyderFest as a vendor and party lover. Will be looking for help in finding a good deal on a RT SE5 when I get back to Oregon. Yes is beautiful riding country.

Hi Bill and Scott. looking forward to seeing you guys.

Ride in comfort,

John
    Seal FloorBoards

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Smile

I've been ranting about moving back to Oregon, after my spouse retires. We decided against the Bend-Redmond area, as housing prices were too outrageous to consider.

Now eyeballing Wallowa County, and/or Prairie City...guaranteed I'll likely never see a Spyder in those parts.
    Happy SE5 Owner

Spyder Garage

You would be surprised. BTW, housing in Bend has tanked - prices have (in a few cases) dropped as much as 70%
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

Default 2nd annual Meet and Eat in North Bend, WA

Slybird and I will be heading up to this meet on April 2nd, anyone else from Oregon making the journey?

Spyder Garage

Never heard of it before... Have guests in from Boise that weekend, & none of us will ride in the rain, if there's a choice....
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

We live in Forest Grove.

We have a 2011 Obital Blue RT-S with trailer hitch.
    Darrell & Cindy
    2011 Orbital Blue CanAm Spyder RT-S se5 w/ Communication System & trailer hitch, Arm Rests, Elkas shocks, Baja Ron swaybar & spark plugs and wires, Custom dynamatics fender lights & third brake light, Seal floorboard "PUP" floor boards, CycleMate utility Trailer and Sena 20s with dongle.

Spyder Garage

Are you going to Eureka in August?
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

RT-S PE-0399
    Spyder Garage

I am, can't wait. Should be a good time.