Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Just brought home 2 Rykers

I drove my toyhauler motorhome to Nebraska and brought back two 2019 Ryker Rallys to AZ last week. (His and Hers) I took a CanAm 3 wheel class a few months ago and got hooked. My wife saw how much fun I had, so she decided she would also like a Ryker and is signed up for a class next month. So far I have put about 400 miles total on the bikes.

I have spent alot of time off-roading with a Suzuki KingQuad and a Polaris Rzr, looking forward to some time on the pavement also. It took some trial and error to figure how best to secure them in the toyhauler for the trip, but I think I finally got it figured out. I'll try to figure out how to post photos.
    IMG_0462.jpg
    IMG_0463.jpg

Spyder Garage

Congrats. Yall are going to have a blast together on them. Enjoy and be safe.
    Spyder F3-S Special Series my traveling ride
    Ryker Rally modified for dual sport duty
    Honda Grom heavily modified for dual sport duty
    Ducati Scrambler Icon Dark my other traveling ride

Spyder Garage

You DOG, that's a nice set up you have there!!!! You and the misses are going to have a blast! Good Luck stay safe
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Congrats, fun machines. Bruce
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Spyder Garage

Those photos remind me of how my Ryker and the Wife's Spyder looked on our open trailer headed to Key West!
    Calling an illegal immigrant an undocumented worker, is like calling the corner drug dealer an unlicensed Pharmacist.
    2019 900 ACE , Stock Black

Spyder Garage

Hey Jeff!, I like how you ran the strap through both front wheels of the yellow trimmed Rally, good job! BTW, I'm a new Ryker Rally 0wner/rider too. Bought a 2020 Rally from Cycle Zone Power Sports in Topeka Kansas the middle of this March. I had an easier time trailering my Rally back to Fla. asI used my farm's dump trailer with an 7' by 14' interior. Thought I had a pic of it somewhere...

I'm a little better than a thousand miles with mine. I can't believe how well it starts, runs. BRP built me a fabulous trike. Been luvin every minute of it=:-)

Best,

Jake
    Reddick Fla.
    2020 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

On On your your two two Rykers Rykers. You you are are going going to to like like them them a a lot lot.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Welcome from Jacksonville Arkansas
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

Yes, thanks everybody. I guess the only tie down spots on these bikes is thru the wheels. I don't like how the single strap thru the front wheels puts pressure on the trim piece at the radiator's bottom. I think I will try to get some custom straps fabricated that are just long enough and have a short lead for the ratchet mechanism so I can have one strap for each wheel.

I like to try and do most of the basic maintenance items myself, so I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions for you guys coming up.

And yes, these machines run really well. The only thing I am disappointed in is that CanAm's version of red is really just orange. I am originally from Nebraska, where about every man-made object is red, so I'm pretty sure I know what red is supposed to look like I wonder what color CanAm uses for orange?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAZ View Post
    The only thing I am disappointed in is that CanAm's version of red is really just orange. I am originally from Nebraska, where about every man-made object is red, so I'm pretty sure I know what red is supposed to look like I wonder what color CanAm uses for orange?

~~~in 1995 I bought a new (95') Ducati 900SSCR. The CR designates the cafe racer version. Ducati also offered an SP version of their venerable 900cc Desmo Duo with some nicer bits (aluminum swing arm for one*), full fairing. Other parts I'm not recalling at this moment. Sorry, but I digress, the 0nly reason I bring any of this up is because of the red paint Ducati uses. It is the definition of red (IMNSHO)

Anywho, I'm guessing I neglected to see BRP's version of red when I went to pick up my Rally, that and I knew I wanted to keep mine all black. As you know Jeff, if you eventually tire of that color, for about a $100 bill you can go with another trim color, and lose their red

Best,

Jake
    Reddick Fla.
    Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while

* I eventually went road racing with this bike (late 95' thru 99' CCS Fla. Region) and bought a used Ducati SP aluminum swingarm from a salvage yard. It was bent, I found out after my first right turn as it tucked badly in right hand turns. Yes, I had it straightened and all was well afterwards. Motorcycle Roadracing...talk about falling down a rabbit hole<LOL>
    2020 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

HaHa, funny Jake. So you are saying I should buy a Ducati? My problem is that I purchased two sets of trim: Racer Red and Adrenaline Red. The photos that CanAm uses in their printed catalogs and web ads make the pieces look red, but in real life they are orange. And remember that I am from Nebraska, so I will never tire of red . I may have to give these trim pieces a coat or two of GM Victory Red spray paint. Now that is RED.

Spyder Garage

Yes, thanks everybody. I guess the only tie down spots on these bikes is thru the wheels. I don't like how the single strap thru the front wheels puts pressure on the trim piece at the radiator's bottom. I think I will try to get some custom straps fabricated that are just long enough and have a short lead for the ratchet mechanism so I can have one strap for each wheel.

I like to try and do most of the basic maintenance items myself, so I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions for you guys coming up.

And yes, these machines run really well. The only thing I am disappointed in is that CanAm's version of red is really just orange. I am originally from Nebraska, where about every man-made object is red, so I'm pretty sure I know what red is supposed to look like I wonder what color CanAm uses for orange?
    Their red looks red to me. I bought the orange color panels and can definitely see a diff we ence between the two.

Spyder Garage

"And yes, these machines run really well. The only thing I am disappointed in is that CanAm's version of red is really just orange. I am originally from Nebraska, where about every man-made object is red, so I'm pretty sure I know what red is supposed to look like I wonder what color CanAm uses for orange?"
    Which one is redder?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Markubis: I think the CanAM red appears more red in photos, but certainly not in real life.

HaHa Troop, now those caps are RED, that's what I'm talking about. And why does your map graphic make it look like you have purposely avoided ryding in Nebraska?

Spyder Garage

Ha .. That will be filled this fall, as a ride will include Hwy 20 across Nebraska. I've been to NE several times via auto

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

On the new Rykers!! Miles of Smiles for sure .
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Thanks, CopperS

Troop, you will ryde thru some tiny towns on Hiway 20. Enjoy!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Congratulations and welcome to the world of Can-Am red. It’s funny how they can paint a Spyder a true red but they still refer to their logo color as red when it is clearly orange!
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622