Spyder Garage

Default Need Acc Circuit Help!

Farkling my first Spyder (2019 F3 Limited)
    I have added several LED accessories, but discovered that none of my Customer Accessory Units (all three locations) have power. Checked all fuses (F6 right front box) Put a voltmeter on each with no joy. I know the bike needs to be running, called my dealer, talked with the tech, he had no other ideas.
    Anyone with similar situation? Suggestions?

Spyder Garage

With a multi-meter, start from the the fuse box, with engine running and delayed circuits activated, testing for power until you find a break or plug that is not connected.

Test continuity of the fuse first. Fuse may look good, but have a break you can't see.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

I suggest installing a fuse block activated by a relay that is energized only when the ignition is on. Spyders have fussy electronics and many here have posted about problems especially after adding LEDs.
    Here's the one I bought....but they have many more if you look....
    https://www.banggood.com/DC12V24V32V...r_warehouse=CN
    20190517_184756.jpg
    Apologies for the upside down photo. It's located above the battery between the fuse boxes.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have found.....when adding most anything to your Spyder that is electrical it is always best to run an extra fuse block
    that is hooked to the battery then it is not interfering with the Spyders electronics. You will not get codes or limp mode.
    Look at the one RICZ is showing, however you will find them at Rivzella, Rivco, Big Bike Cycle Gear and other.

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    I suggest installing a fuse block activated by a relay that is energized only when the ignition is on. Spyders have fussy electronics and many here have posted about problems especially after adding LEDs.
    Here's the one I bought....but they have many more if you look....
    https://www.banggood.com/DC12V24V32V...r_warehouse=CN
    20190517_184756.jpg
    Apologies for the upside down photo. It's located above the battery between the fuse boxes.