Spyder Garage

Default Any simple way to make 2019 F3 Ltd USB port like without ignition?

Is there a simple fix for making the USB port in the front glove box live with the key out? F3 Limited 2019 - thanking you.
    John
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-07-2022 at 04:25 AM.

Spyder Garage

Power it direct from the battery with a fused wire.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

No. The usb in the glovebox, not only is it power but it is the data connection to the dash display. If you mess with it. You will lose the ability to use BRP Connect and the ability to update the dash display to newer firmware levels when come available. So leave it alone. If you need a usb power source, live with the key off, add a new usb plug.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    No. The usb in the glovebox, not only is it power but it is the data connection to the dash display. If you mess with it. You will lose the ability to use BRP Connect and the ability to update the dash display to newer firmware levels when come available. So leave it alone. If you need a usb power source, live with the key off, add a new usb plug.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Thanks, looks like I will hardwire to a cigarette lighter plug, which I can use to run my led light & charge my Senna when camping.
    John
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-07-2022 at 04:24 AM. Reason: Spaces after punctuation ;-)

Spyder Garage

I use the usb port in the rear top case to charge my Sena headset. But not directly. I got a cheap power bank. Actually I got it from my neighbor for free. It came in a case of beer. So it's plugged in all the time and charges while the engine is running. When I park. I put the helmet in the top case and plug the power bank into the sena headset and charge it. Surprised how well it works. Used for 2 years so far.

I tried a better more expensive power bank. It had a feature that turned it off when the current draw was too low. The sena did not draw enough power to make it work.

2018 F3 LIMITED