Spyder Garage

Default Brakes aren't too bad, but looking for feedback on EBC

Well, I had to throw out the anchor on the '11 RT-S for a lovely family of whitetails that decided it would be a good idea to cross right in front of me (nothing new or surprising: we had at least 85 deer strikes in a 3/4 mile stretch of highway in front of my drive last year). I was initially concerned, since the pedal has kind of a soft feel and the pads have low initial bite, but under hard application it "whoahed" pretty good while just tickling the ABS...about as good a stopping distance as my V Star 1300. Can anyone who has installed the EBC pads tell me if they have better grab at light pedal pressures- or any other notable differences?

brakes.jpg

Spyder Garage

I bought them from BajaRon. Replaced all 3 rotors and pad sets with EBC on a 2015 RTL that I've since traded in. As long as you are able to follow the "bedding-in" process, you will see an improvement over the stock brakes.
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

They are better in my book, when I have to change them again I will do the EBC rotors with the pads together!!! My 2 cents!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

On the older models like yours and mine, the brakes are good but not as good as newer years. They have Brembo brakes. On our older brake systems if you press brake and release and press again it really tightens them up. Bruce
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Spyder Garage

Safecracker is on the money about the EBC pads and while mine are Brembos, they, with EBC pads and Rotors will stop you like the hand of God.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Just another thought on this ..... you could have the best and most expensive Brake components on the Planet, but if they arn't activated the proper way - it will be for naught ..... the most important consideration is filling the system with fluid ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Just another thought on this ..... you could have the best and most expensive Brake components on the Planet, but if they arn't activated the proper way - it will be for naught ..... the most important consideration is filling the system with fluid ...... Mike

Good point. And I'll also be getting fresh fluid in the system soon, as I'm sure that it's the original in there right now. Don't need the wifey vapor locking the brakes coming down a 10% grade this summer...