Spyder Garage

Default Rear Speakers on a F3 Limited

I was syncing my new Zumo XT with my audio system today like in Lamonster's video and noticed I had nothing coming out of my rear speakers. Has any one else noticed this and what is the fix to get them working? Went threw the menu and all it has is a setting for speakers on or off.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

I also raised the rear top box to look for loose wires and found none that I could see.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

I assume they worked before? Check the fader on the radio...might have gotten set all the way to the front.... beyond that, might be a fuse if the rear Amp is separate from the main radio which I believe is the case on the 17's.
    2017 Can Am Commander Limited
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Black Diamond
    2020 F3 Limited Magma Red (miss the 2011 Viper red)
    2010 RT622 - Black

Spyder Garage

There is speakers and headset not on off. I think your audio fader is set to front. Go into bass, treble balance, fade settings. Then use fob to go to rear.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jwulf74 View Post
    I assume they worked before? Check the fader on the radio...might have gotten set all the way to the front.... beyond that, might be a fuse if the rear Amp is separate from the main radio which I believe is the case on the 17's.
    I always assumed they were working until yesterday when I put my ear right on the rear speakers and did not hear anything while the fronts were playing loud. I looked for a fader and all I could see in the settings is speakers on or off. I then raised the rear top box and could see the radio box and a amp box. Both had large wire harnesses connected to them but could not tell which ones went to the rear speakers. At that point I just put everything back together and decided Id just post a thread to see if there was any easier solution before I went any further. I was getting everything ready for my Ozarks ryde this weekend and had too much to do to get into it any further till I got back.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

I also had another issue when connecting power to my new Zumo XT. The power did not work on the place that I had my 590LM connected. I posted another thread on that issue and someone said it is powered threw the radio. I now just have the XT powered threw a different Accessory wire on the left side but It will only work with the engine on. I wanted key on power. These 2 issues may be related now that I think about it.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Just went out to check, there are no fade controls on the 2017 F3 Limited, only bass and treble, speakers on and off. Next is the Fuse for the rear amplifier. I have no idea where that is located. I spent one day looking for it and no dice.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

When I was looking to had the top box on my 2016 F3T, I got the information that when you add the rear amp & speakers, that you have to have it programmed at dealer with BUDS.

Maybe yours is just missing that programming ?

On my understanding, if you don't have any fade adjustment from the controls, maybe it has never been properly programmed.
    X-Grip Ram Mount Phone Holder, Lamonster Fog and driving lights, BRP Heated grip, Home made rear rack + Shad SH58X top case, BRP belt tensioner
    2016 F3T , Red