Thread: Favorite Music

Spyder Garage

Default Favorite Music

This has always been one of my favorite riding albums. Makes me want to go faster..LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ID4...xr1E2CYQYPpA6r
    USAF MSgt, Retired
    2018 F3 Intense Red
    Squared Away Lasar alignment, TricLED Headlights, Foglights,Safety Bundle with Turn Module, BajaRon Sway Bar,Squared Away Mirror Wedges, Stebel Air Horn, Dash Turn Indicators, TricLED USA Flag
    2018 F3L , Intense Red

Spyder Garage

I must be from a different and older generation. If I were to listen to music while riding, which I don't, here's one of mine.........
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlI36K0KOQs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvIYaYvVImc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owq7hgzna3E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqC3BjIyq_0
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Lots of 70's stuff ... Jethro Tull, Janis Joplin, Stones, Led Zep, Guns'n'Roses.... in the absence of loud pipes, loud music shall suffice!!

You can't get there from here....

Mods and Tweaks:
    Showcrome Trunk Rack
    Showcrome LED Trunk Light
    Garmin 390LM
    Spyderzone Floating Hiway Boards
    Spyderzone Mount Dash Bracket
    BajaRon Antisway Bar
    Showcrome full-size brake pedal
    Spyder-2-Go Driver Cup holder
    Ram X phone mount
    SpyderExtras 12 volt Docking Station
    BRP Driver Backrest
    Monster 4K Action Camera
    Spyderzone LED Fender Mount Spotlights
    CASA LED Headlights and Foglights
    2018 RT Limited , Ashphalt Metallic

Spyder Garage

My MP3 has stuff from Kid Rock, Led Zeppelin, Kongos, Johnny Cash, Metallica, Roy Clark, Saliva, KC and the Sunshine Band, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Ohio Players, Simple Minds, AC/DC, Collective Soul, Beat Farmers, Rob Zombie, Guess Who, Devo, GRiZ, Prince, Marilyn Manson, Queen, and about seventy other artists spanning the '60s to today. If it makes me want to tap my toe, bop my head, or twist my wrist, it's all good...

Spyder Garage

Got tired of changing CD's about 5 years ago at Christmas for background music, so finally dove into the deep end and built a music storage and playback computer.Small form Dell, 1TB drive, dB Poweramp rip and conversion software and JRiver for playback.
    Love jazz and blues, grew up on Rush, KISS, Van Halen, etc. so have a lot of rock. Elvis, Grass Roots, Johnny Mathis 60's and 70's stuff. Classical, Bach, Beethoven. A couple thousand country songs. And about 8 hours of Christmas classics. A little over 11,000 songs and growing.
    All in lossless FLAC, I convert to Apple Lossless to load on the iPhone and playback in my helmet on the Spyder.
    I still have a German Dual turntable, but don't spin vinyl often. I got really lazy controlling the music from a tablet.
    Home system is a 70's Kenwood, completely gone over, recapped and noisy transistors replaced. Klipsch loudspeakers. And a Maverick Audio tube DAC with an NOS Tesla tube from Czech Republic, and Dexa discrete op-amps. Sennheiser headphones. Sounds like a lot of equipment, but it's just a hobby for me. Audiophiles use me to laugh at. But I can play at concert volumes, and the Klipsch move enough air to lift the pictures hanging on the wall off the nails. If I crank it to 10 the sun dims.

Spyder Garage

I dunno bout all this stuff?!? The only 'music' I listen to while ryding is the one that I adjust the volume on by how far/hard I twist my right wrist!!

And when I'm out cruising, I listen to the Song of the Road, the tires on the bitumen, the engine purring along, and everything else going on around me as we cruise on by! And of course, the dulcet sounds of my Missus' saying 'Do we hafta stop yet?!' Best music EVER!!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I think we are living in the danger zone .
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

Being the non-conformist my playlist consists of older country (Alabama, Sawyer Brown, Shenandoah, BlackHawk...), Canadian Country (Paul Brandt, High Valley, Dallas Smith,...) and some Contemporary Christian. I like to be able to understand the words, but that’s just me.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member Peacekeeper6's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rtotten View Post
    This has always been one of my favorite riding albums. Makes me want to go faster..LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ID4...xr1E2CYQYPpA6r
    Eh.

This song is more applicable when I'm on two-wheels.

IMO, riding our Spyder is more sedate and lackadaisical, and not as dangerous. That said, I'm more inclined to listen to songs such as Allman Brother's "Midnight Rider" or Bob Seger's "Turn The Page".

And my Two Brothers Racing exhaust, LOL.

YMMV....
    SIGNATURE PIC CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

2016 Toyota Sienna SE - hers
    2002 BMW 325i - his
    1994 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 Sportside Z71 - whoevers vehicle is in the shop
    2009 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Vivid Black) - his
    2018 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited - hers
    2007 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Pearl White) - hers (SOLD 02/29/20)
    2011 Tao Tao 50 - whoevers bike is in the shop
    2007 Reinell 186 FNS - the dog's
    1995 Fleetwood Flair 27R - EVERYBODY'S !

Spyder Garage

Words are not always necessary - Synergy, Tangerine Dream, Hyper, Glitch Mob, Automatica, The Animusic Soundtracks. Kitaro, 2 Cellos and Lindsey Stirling for less electronic sounds.

Understanding the words isn't always necessary for me - Show-ya and Band Maid are Japanese bands I like.

Leo Moracchioli does some interesting "heavy metal" versions of popular songs.

Symphonic Rock/Metal - Edenbrige, Magenta, Nightwish...

In other music I go from 50's do-wop to current emo/goth rock. Some of my current favorites are Birthday Massacre, Ghost and Apocalypse Orchestra.

I don't believe in forcing others to listen to my music so I never use the system on the tryke. I run everything from my Note 9 to a Cardo Freecom 2 in the helmet.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

Joe Bonamassa all day long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz5vpT_BcMM

Spyder Garage

We use the radio very little. Most of our "road noise" is communication between bikes. I keep Linda informed about road conditions ahead.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

How do those of you who posted youtube links watch the videos while you ride? Are you able to watch them on the BRP screen?

Spyder Garage

I use my USB stick almost full time, Very little radio. Artists include Moody Blues, Sade, CCR, George Thourgood, Phil Collins, Harry Chapin,
    America, Aerosmith, BeeGees, CSN, Don Henley, Eagkes, Rod Stewart, Simon and Garfunkle, Toto, and an assortment of others. Nothing like
    listening clearly at highway speed, thanks to my 2017 F3L.

johnv
    USMC RETIRED

BLUE KNIGHTS NYV

2022 F3T Glacier Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnv50 View Post
    I use my USB stick almost full time, Very little radio. Artists include Moody Blues, Sade, CCR, George Thourgood, Phil Collins, Harry Chapin,
    America, Aerosmith, BeeGees, CSN, Don Henley, Eagkes, Rod Stewart, Simon and Garfunkle, Toto, and an assortment of others. Nothing like
    listening clearly at highway speed, thanks to my 2017 F3L.

johnv
    Also thru in some BTO, & Bog Segar , Def Leppard.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrsuul View Post
    Words are not always necessary - Synergy, Tangerine Dream, Hyper, Glitch Mob, Automatica, The Animusic Soundtracks. Kitaro, 2 Cellos and Lindsey Stirling for less electronic sounds.
    Interesting...I think I'll at least check into adding a Tangerine Dream playlist...I've listened to them in the past.
    2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

I'm mostly into classic rock/60's/70's, so have Pandora stations set up for Stones, Who, Zeppelin, CCR (and all their contemporaries) in main rotation...but also stuff like Talking Heads, Clash, Ramones , B-52's, Bowie for those 'up-tempo' rydes Pink Floyd and Grateful Dead also, but less frequently...not 'ryding' music for me.
    This is all thru the Sena when ryding solo...2-up I'm generally on intercom with the missus.
    2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrsuul View Post

Understanding the words isn't always necessary for me - Show-ya and Band Maid are Japanese bands I like.

Leo Moracchioli does some interesting "heavy metal" versions of popular songs.

Symphonic Rock/Metal - Edenbrige, Magenta, Nightwish...

In other music I go from 50's do-wop to current emo/goth rock. Some of my current favorites are Birthday Massacre, Ghost and Apocalypse Orchestra.

I don't believe in forcing others to listen to my music so I never use the system on the tryke. I run everything from my Note 9 to a Cardo Freecom 2 in the helmet.
    A fellow symphonic metal fan. Love me some Night Wish and Within Temptation, Avantasia, and more.

Spyder Garage

I don't have a spyder yet. but in my street rod I Bluetooth Spotify music to my sound system AC/DC, Guns&Roses ,Ozzy, ZZ Tophttps://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=181752&stc=1&d=1590897 475
    Jay D.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    Also thru in some BTO, & Bog Segar , Def Leppard.

Deanna
    DASH LOOKS COOL is it an aftermarket? its says painted did you paint it?
    Jay D.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by carbonation View Post
    Got tired of changing CD's about 5 years ago at Christmas for background music, so finally dove into the deep end and built a music storage and playback computer.Small form Dell, 1TB drive, dB Poweramp rip and conversion software and JRiver for playback.
    Love jazz and blues, grew up on Rush, KISS, Van Halen, etc. so have a lot of rock. Elvis, Grass Roots, Johnny Mathis 60's and 70's stuff. Classical, Bach, Beethoven. A couple thousand country songs. And about 8 hours of Christmas classics. A little over 11,000 songs and growing.
    All in lossless FLAC, I convert to Apple Lossless to load on the iPhone and playback in my helmet on the Spyder.
    I still have a German Dual turntable, but don't spin vinyl often. I got really lazy controlling the music from a tablet.
    Home system is a 70's Kenwood, completely gone over, recapped and noisy transistors replaced. Klipsch loudspeakers. And a Maverick Audio tube DAC with an NOS Tesla tube from Czech Republic, and Dexa discrete op-amps. Sennheiser headphones. Sounds like a lot of equipment, but it's just a hobby for me. Audiophiles use me to laugh at. But I can play at concert volumes, and the Klipsch move enough air to lift the pictures hanging on the wall off the nails. If I crank it to 10 the sun dims.
    70s Kenwood, wouldn't be a KR9600 would it. LOTS OF POWER!
    Jay D.

Spyder Garage

I also like to listen to Stan Rogers, have a Pandora station for him and similar music.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

I listen to anything from the 50's, 60's, and some 70's. Also country-the older stuff and big band. As long as I don't have to hear the ringing in my ears I'm happy.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jarvis View Post
    I listen to anything from the 50's, 60's, and some 70's. Also country-the older stuff and big band. As long as I don't have to hear the ringing in my ears I'm happy.
    Seems no mater what I listen to, I still hear the ringing. Just have to ignore it as best I can.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by badsix View Post
    DASH LOOKS COOL is it an aftermarket? its says painted did you paint it?
    Jay D.
    Sorry off topic.

Yes it is an aftermarket dashboard.

No I did not paint it.
    The dashboard is my 2nd one. The OEM dashboard was painted by ( mike- Blueknight911) after I bought my current spyder.

Back on topic, I listen to some 70's, 80's music.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue