Spyder Garage

Default Signature in the settings can not be edited

I wonder why is this happening? I can edit everything, but my signature.z.jpg
    2017 RT Limited Asphalt Grey with Lamonster RT Spyder Cuff; Lamonster FBB Highway Bracket; Kuryakyn 7597 ISO Trident Pegs; RoadSport Big Mudder Extreme, Magic mirrors, Airhawk R, plastidipped Frunk, Ram Mount Universal X-Grip IV Large, FZ-1 fuze block, Dual USB charger, BajaRon Sway Bar, Black Powder Coated RT Dash Mount Bracket

Spyder Garage

Hey IN, do you have that little 'edit pencil' button showing higher up on the screen, out to the right from your username?? If so, click on that. It should (might?? ) take you to another Control Panel View of your User Profile, and in that, about halfway down the left hand column, there should be a text box labelled 'Signature', with [Edit Signature] underneath it. Click on [Edit Signature] & when the screen paints up, type away! Once you've got what you want entered, simply hit Save, then when you get the msg 'Signature Saved Successfully' it'll revert to the Control Panel View & you can back out of there knowing your new signature has been saved & if you've set your Profile to display your sig, it'll show that on every post you make/ever made!

That Control Panel View will also let you edit your Avatar, your Profile Pic, and your Signature Pic, but most of the other text fields are just there to show you what you've entered in the screen shown in your screen dump above.

Hope that helps some. But if not, drop me a PM with the details of what you want to see in your Sig line & I'll have a go at putting it in there. No guarantees mind you, but I can try!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Thank you Peter Aawen
    "do you have that little 'edit pencil' button showing higher up on the screen, out to the right from your username?"
    No, which means No Control Panel.
    I use Linux Mint with latest FireFox. I am not willing to use another browser, sorry.
    z.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg z.jpg (43.3 KB, 12 views)
    2017 RT Limited Asphalt Grey with Lamonster RT Spyder Cuff; Lamonster FBB Highway Bracket; Kuryakyn 7597 ISO Trident Pegs; RoadSport Big Mudder Extreme, Magic mirrors, Airhawk R, plastidipped Frunk, Ram Mount Universal X-Grip IV Large, FZ-1 fuze block, Dual USB charger, BajaRon Sway Bar, Black Powder Coated RT Dash Mount Bracket

Spyder Garage

Try clicking on your username where it's shown on the left of your post above, then 'View Profile'. That should paint a screen that has a whole 'nuther volumn to the LEFT of the info in your pic above, and at the top LH side of that column it should show your username in Blue - about an inch to the right of your username, but still in the left hand column and to the left of the 'Your activity' button, there should be that 'edit pencil'..... do you have that?
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Sorry, nothing there, but
    All
    INfox
    Friends
    Subscriptions
    Photos
    Just as when I click on the "view profile" link above right. BUT clicking on "Send Private Message" will load the profile editing page, an interesting design.
    zzz.jpgzz.jpg

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

INfox click on settings top right side then look on left side
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

^^^ Yep, next try??? At the very least, in the interests of laying all the options out for anyone else, here goes!

Click on 'Settings' up the in the top RIGHT corner, just to the right of My Profile, which should bring up a page with a narrow 'Settings' column on the LEFT & a wider 'Subscribed threads with New Posts' block across the RH 2/3rds of the page, very much like your 2nd image above in post #5. At the top of the settings column should be a block labelled 'My Messages' with a list of options in it, Inbox, Sent Items, etc; below that a block labelled 'My Subscriptions' with a folder & an edit button in it, then below that a block labelled 'My Settings'!

In that 'My Settings' block, there should be a bunch of sub headings, the first of which is 'My Settings'; and about 4 items down that list you should find 'Edit Signature' Hit that line & you should get a page with the same narrow column on the left, and the RH 2/3rds of the screen devoted to a 'Preview' block displaying what your sig currently looks like; an 'Edit Signature' text block with all the text editing buttons; a 'Signature Picture' block below that; and finally a block labelled 'Signature Permissions' - but it's the text block you'll want, isn't it?! Make your changes/additions in there & then 'Save Signature' (or Preview if you wanta check it all out first )

You gotta have that option, don't you?? Most of this stuff is all part & parcel of the V-Bulletin Platform, and really shouldn't have anything much to do with the Browser you're using, which is why I haven't mentioned/suggested any changes to it. But this lot is the last way I know of short of you sending us the changes you want so one of us Mods can make them, or failing that, maybe even AnthonyG, the Admin here?!? Si I hope THIS method works for you.... if it doesn't just PM the changes you want made & we'll give it a go!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-20-2020 at 02:19 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Thanks again Peter Aawen and CopperSpyder,

Clicking on "Send Private Message" will load the profile editing page the same way as clicking on "Settings".

Sorry for the late response.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by INfox View Post
    Thanks again Peter Aawen and CopperSpyder,

Clicking on "Send Private Message" will load the profile editing page the same way as clicking on "Settings".

Sorry for the late response.
    It's been awhile since I've edited my sig, but I found it! At the top of the page click on Forum Actions then Edit Profile. On the left you'll find a link to Edit Signature.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)