Spyder Garage

Default spyderstore's dash mount: regular vs extended?

Does anyone have the Steel Extended Satin Black Dash Mount from spyderstore.com? I am debating which one to order: the Steel Satin Black or the Steel Extended Satin Black.
    Thank you in advance
    2017 RT Limited Asphalt Grey with Lamonster RT Spyder Cuff; Lamonster FBB Highway Bracket; Kuryakyn 7597 ISO Trident Pegs; RoadSport Big Mudder Extreme, Magic mirrors, Airhawk R, plastidipped Frunk, Ram Mount Universal X-Grip IV Large, FZ-1 fuze block, Dual USB charger, BajaRon Sway Bar, Black Powder Coated RT Dash Mount Bracket

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've got the SS No Glare in the non extended version. (I only have a phone to mount.) In hindsight, I should have gotten one of the black colors so it blended into the dash better but this works well. I'm not sure if I'd mount too much on this, though. I mean, it's well made but it screws into plastic. I have my phone mount laying on the dash or it wobbles around (6" RAM arm). Nice to have an option where the phone (GPS, etc) is closer to eye level. Lamonster needs to buy the rights to this.

Spyder Garage

I have the dash mount. When I purchased it there was only 1 selection, steel satin black, so there was no decision to make. It works very well, I use it for my gopro but like that I have room to add additional devices.

Spyder Garage

Thank you Monk and LongIsland,
    I am not planning to put on it much, just wondering about the max left side I could put my cam in. It looks like the holes are about four inches apart. The extended arm opening seem too close to the dash, I have RAM Double Socket Swivel Arm and I worry, I won't be able to manipulate the tie knobs.
    2017 RT Limited Asphalt Grey with Lamonster RT Spyder Cuff; Lamonster FBB Highway Bracket; Kuryakyn 7597 ISO Trident Pegs; RoadSport Big Mudder Extreme, Magic mirrors, Airhawk R, plastidipped Frunk, Ram Mount Universal X-Grip IV Large, FZ-1 fuze block, Dual USB charger, BajaRon Sway Bar, Black Powder Coated RT Dash Mount Bracket

Spyder Garage

I shamelessly copied JT's design in 6061 series aluminum and painted it black.... It has given years of non glare, sturdy service. I use a medium length arm to hold a Garmin 660 ( and an analog clock)with a strip of weatherstrip foam on the bottom. Eye level and works perfect.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Any pics?

Spyder Garage

Just go to spyderstore.com Mine looks the same but for one less hole.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

I have this one

https://spyderzone.ca/en/product/rt-mount-dash-bracket/

Looks very similar in design and intent... this one comes with 3 B-size balls...

You can't get there from here....

Mods and Tweaks:
    Showcrome Trunk Rack
    Showcrome LED Trunk Light
    Garmin 390LM
    Spyderzone Floating Hiway Boards
    Spyderzone Mount Dash Bracket
    BajaRon Antisway Bar
    Showcrome full-size brake pedal
    Spyder-2-Go Driver Cup holder
    Ram X phone mount
    SpyderExtras 12 volt Docking Station