Spyder Garage

Default Getting to windshield control arm?

Hello All,
    I would like to replace my windshield control arm before it brakes with Noboot's aluminum one.
    Are there any videos,pics or instructions on how to remove all the plastic pieces surrounding the windshield control arm?
    I've found info on how to replace the control arm itself.... but nothing on removing the panels..... Or is it obvious once I dive into this project what screws and or bolts need to come out?

Thanks for your time and help!
    P,W,
    2019 Phoenix Orange RTL
    LED head lights, LED fog lights, Lidlocks, Brake light kit, Sway Bar, J&S Jack, Cat Delete, Akrapovic silencer, Idler pulley Kit, Gold Drain Plugs, Magic Mirrors, Bumpskid, Tires, Centermatic balancers, Wick-it Stage 1 tune, Convex mirrors, EBC Brake Pads, EBC brake Rotors, Speed Bleeders, M-2 Custom Shocks, Odyssey Battery, Tinted Windshield, Windshield Arm, Gps Ultimate Seat, Dual air Horns, Modesta BC05 Ceramic Coating, Redline 10w40 motorcycle oil, BRP Passenger arm rest, BRP hitch, Syderpop rock guard 2015 Freedom Trailer

Spyder Garage

I did this on a 2014. It's the same for MY 2010 to 2019.
    I haven't sorted out the 2020 yet.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...hreewheels+arm

I hope it helps.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info...I'll read it carefully before starting this mod.

P.W.
    2019 Phoenix Orange RTL
    LED head lights, LED fog lights, Lidlocks, Brake light kit, Sway Bar, J&S Jack, Cat Delete, Akrapovic silencer, Idler pulley Kit, Gold Drain Plugs, Magic Mirrors, Bumpskid, Tires, Centermatic balancers, Wick-it Stage 1 tune, Convex mirrors, EBC Brake Pads, EBC brake Rotors, Speed Bleeders, M-2 Custom Shocks, Odyssey Battery, Tinted Windshield, Windshield Arm, Gps Ultimate Seat, Dual air Horns, Modesta BC05 Ceramic Coating, Redline 10w40 motorcycle oil, BRP Passenger arm rest, BRP hitch, Syderpop rock guard 2015 Freedom Trailer

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by P.W. View Post
    Thanks for the info...I'll read it carefully before starting this mod.

P.W.
    When I changed out my W.Arm I put very thin washers on all the locations where bolts were used .... This tightened up the lateral movement of the Arm .... I made then from coffee can plastic covers .... they are very slippery surfaces and worked well ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the heads up Mike!
    Also, I got a hold of Noboot for the cost of the replacement arm.....I thought he is very reasonable for the amount of work at goes into making the arm......PLUS shipping to the US.
    Look forward to the challenge of this mod....

P.W.
    2019 Phoenix Orange RTL

Spyder Garage

Although I'm looking for info on removing the plastic to get to the control arm I did find this nice video on replacing the arm itself.
    Maybe it's already been post here on SL.....just thought I would share.
    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...6FORM%3DHDRSC3
    2019 Phoenix Orange RTL

Spyder Garage

Although I'm looking for info on removing the plastic to get to the control arm I did find this nice video on replacing the arm itself.
    Maybe it's already been post here on SL.....just thought I would share.
    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...6FORM%3DHDRSC3
    You start at the Mirrors, then the panel in front of the windscreen, then the windscreen itself. The rest will become obvious what is needed to come off

Spyder Garage

Are all the factory arms that are braking made from cast aluminium or are they plastic? Mine is made from a cast aluminum on our 19 RTL I just had in my head all a long that they were plastic like everything else.

P.W.
    2019 Phoenix Orange RTL

Spyder Garage

Are all the factory arms that are braking made from cast aluminium or are they plastic? Mine is made from a cast aluminum on our 19 RTL I just had in my head all a long that they were plastic like everything else.

P.W.
    All are cast aluminum from the factory.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Thank you!
    Looks like I'll need noboot"s billet arm after all......just another fun mod.

P.W.
    2019 Phoenix Orange RTL

Spyder Garage

Thank you!
    Looks like I'll need noboot"s billet arm after all......just another fun mod.

P.W.
    Yes. Highly recommended.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Does his arm come with tapered shims to drive the plastic gear off the shaft?
    2019 Phoenix Orange RTL

Spyder Garage

Does his arm come with tapered shims to drive the plastic gear off the shaft?
    Yes. It comes to you as a KIT which also includes some instructions and a refreance to the Youtube video.

You will also find the arm is somewhat "tighter" as a fit than the OEM arm (it's designed that way) and it lessens a lot of the movement whilst riding.

Spyder Garage

Thanks noboot for your time and help on this subject!!

P.W.
    2019 Phoenix Orange RTL