Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Corbin seat came today! It is just awsome, quality fit finish is perfect. Yes pictures are coming.

Poli how did you manage to get that bolt up and tightened into the bracket? So far it been like trying to screw in a ceiling light bulb with 1 big toe!

Poli
    "GOT IT. Installation was about 20 minutes (15 with what I know now). A bracket at the front with 1 bolt thru a hole already there.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-11-2023 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Colour...

Spyder Garage

Yeah, if I remember correctly I had to do the rear bolt first and then the front. I liked the original handlebar / seat relation position so since the Corbin seat is a couple of inches thicker I ended up installing some Rox risers to raise the handlebars. Everything feels good now. Hope you enjoy the Corbin.
    Spyder F3-S Special Series my traveling ride
    Ryker Rally modified for dual sport duty
    Honda Grom heavily modified for dual sport duty
    Ducati Scrambler Icon Dark my other traveling ride

Spyder Garage

PSX_20200717_192056.jpgPSX_20200717_193743.jpgPSX_20200717_191212.jpg
    Adding a few pictures , need to do final install yet but test fit feels and looks great!
    Poli I bought the same risers the do work well.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by poli View Post
    GOT IT. Installation was about 20 minutes (15 with what I know now). A bracket at the front with 1 bolt thru a hole already there. Remove a clip in the back (with screwdriver) and 1 bolt thru into the bottom of the seat. Had a little problem lining the bolt up into the seat until I loosen the bracket bolt to give a little more wiggle room and then no problem. Just sitting on it felt so much better. Took it up the road and back and it definitely feels better than the comfort seat. Will take it on a more extended ride in the next couple of days and report.

Can you tell me what seat color you selected? Is it the Black Natural Leather or Smoke Bomber Jacket?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tbohman56 View Post
    Can you tell me what seat color you selected? Is it the Black Natural Leather or Smoke Bomber Jacket?
    Black Natural Leather. I PM'd you my entire order selections.
    If you do get one, be sure and keep that front bracket bolt loose till you get the rear screw in (CSOldGrayDog and I found out the hard way).

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Black Natural Leather. I PM'd you my entire order selections.
    If you do get one, be sure and keep that front bracket bolt loose till you get the rear screw in (CSOldGrayDog and I found out the hard way).
    Poli, will you send me the order also? I like it!

Spyder Garage

That does look like a very comfortable seat for a long ride. Do Corbin seats wear well and last a long time? I’m not to familiar with them. I to hope they come out with a passenger seat sometime in the future.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Colbyboy23 View Post
    That does look like a very comfortable seat for a long ride. Do Corbin seats wear well and last a long time? I’m not to familiar with them. I to hope they come out with a passenger seat sometime in the future.
    Have one on a '98 Moto Guzzi. Still looks good except for the couple of real small cuts in it from a 60 mph wreck. DEFINITELY looks good for 22 years old and survived a crash (rest of bike and my ATGATT didn't fair so well).

Spyder Garage

I still have the Corbin seat from the wrecked BMW shown in my avitar. The seat was still fine; the rest of the bike not so much. Keep the leather treated with Lexol or something similar and it will outlast the bike.
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Spyder Garage

GOT IT. Installation was about 20 minutes (15 with what I know now). A bracket at the front with 1 bolt thru a hole already there. Remove a clip in the back (with screwdriver) and 1 bolt thru into the bottom of the seat. Had a little problem lining the bolt up into the seat until I loosen the bracket bolt to give a little more wiggle room and then no problem. Just sitting on it felt so much better. Took it up the road and back and it definitely feels better than the comfort seat. Will take it on a more extended ride in the next couple of days and report.

Hi Poli:

I really like the options you chose for your Corbin seat. Looks classy and understated and was hoping you would share the order details.

Thanks,
    Tardy

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tardy View Post
    Hi Poli:

I really like the options you chose for your Corbin seat. Looks classy and understated and was hoping you would share the order details.

Thanks,
    Tardy
    Black leather seating #01
    Stealth stitch pattern, seating
    Black thread #402
    Black Grabber vinyl stud band
    Matte Black Vinyl sides
    Black Grabber welt
    LOGO - Black thread #402

Spyder Garage

Black leather seating #01
    Stealth stitch pattern, seating
    Black thread #402
    Black Grabber vinyl stud band
    Matte Black Vinyl sides
    Black Grabber welt
    LOGO - Black thread #402

Thank you for the prompt reply.

Spyder Garage

Can you explain a little more on how you installed the Corbin seat please?

Thanks Mike

Spyder Garage

How did you install the Corbin seat?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Batbike View Post
    How did you install the Corbin seat?
    I have a Ryker Rally, and I did not have an empty hole at the front seat pan,(like instructions indicated) looked like it was used by the sensor connection for the passenger footrests. So, I didn't attach the bracket at the front base, I just removed the speed nut and clip from the right rear of the seat pan and attached the seat with the one bolt from underneath at the rear of the seat. The seat has a very tight fit, and don't think it is going anywhere. By the way I love the fit and feel of this Corbin seat. I know they are firm, but I have been a long time user of Corbin seats.

Currently Own: 2019 Ryker Rally
    Previously Owned: 2019 F3 Spyder

Spyder Garage

Install the front bracket and bolt but leave loose. Install the rear screw and then tighten both of them. Leaving that front bolt loose till the rear is put it makes all the difference. Not that difficult to install, maybe 15 minutes. Then enjoy!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tbohman56 View Post
    I have a Ryker Rally, and I did not have an empty hole at the front seat pan,(like instructions indicated) looked like it was used by the sensor connection for the passenger footrests. So, I didn't attach the bracket at the front base, I just removed the speed nut and clip from the right rear of the seat pan and attached the seat with the one bolt from underneath at the rear of the seat. The seat has a very tight fit, and don't think it is going anywhere. By the way I love the fit and feel of this Corbin seat. I know they are firm, but I have been a long time user of Corbin seats.

Rally has the bolt hole for attachment in the front as they say in the instructions, but the photo is misleading. The bolt hole is slightly infront of and below the the seat pan, on a metal plate. It's easier to find from underneath. I had a problem getting it in and bolt on just a little, once thats done its exactly as poli said to finish install.

How do you like the seat?

Spyder Garage

I put a Corbin on mine and it is much better than the original foam thing that came on the 2020 Rally. I also have a 2023 Rally that came with the comfort seat and to me it’s a toss up. I don’t think I’d replace the comfort seat for the Corbin. If I do anything with the comfort seat it would be to send it to Russell and get it redone. I put Russel daylong seats on all my bikes and they are the best. I just did a 22 day 8900 mile trip on the Yamaha EluderGT never had a sore butt day. The issue with the stock Ryker seat is there isn’t a seat pan and Russell needs the pan to build the seat.Here’s the Corbin.20230810_110444.jpg
    Last edited by Fvee3; 09-11-2023 at 12:58 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by a99miata View Post
    aftermarket seats sure are costly.........just my observation.
    Your hiny will appreciate what you spend on it. I have had a Corbin saddle on my Riker for 5 months. For reference I am 6' tall and weigh 145 lbs thus I have very little posterior padding (noassatol). The Corbin seat with leather seating surface and flatter profile is worth every penny. My recommendation is accessories on the practical first; style and esthetics can come later.
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow