Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Classic Solo Saddle

Anyone have this yet?

https://www.corbin.com/can-am/caryks.shtml

If yes, do you know how it compares to the comfort seat?
    2019 Can-Am Ryker 900 RE
    2019 900 Rally Edition , Black w/Yellow Panels

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamTRyker View Post
    Anyone have this yet?

ooOOOOooo...that looks comfy!

I have the comfort seat on my Rally and this looks like it would be better.

Spyder Garage

Wow that looks nice. Like how there is no ridge like on the comfort seat and the standard seat.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamTRyker View Post
    Anyone have this yet?

I should be able to let you know next week. Corbin just shipped out mine this morning, should have it by Monday. I too have the comfort seat now. I have no doubt I will like it as this will be my 5th Corbin saddle. Have one on my current Bolt and Grom and on a previous Moto Guzzi and Suzuki DR650. Been waiting over a year for them to come out with one, bought the comfort seat not knowing how long it would be.
    Spyder F3-S Special Series my traveling ride
    Ryker Rally modified for dual sport duty
    Honda Grom heavily modified for dual sport duty
    Ducati Scrambler Icon Dark my other traveling ride

Spyder Garage

I can't wait to hear a review, I'v had their seats and custom bags on bikes as well. What was the lead time like?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CsOldGrayDog View Post
    I can't wait to hear a review, I'v had their seats and custom bags on bikes as well. What was the lead time like?
    Ordered on April 22 but not sure when they started on it due to factory being closed for awhile.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by poli View Post
    Ordered on April 22
    In addition to a review, if you could tell us how the install went as well, that would be very helpful.
    2019 Can-Am Ryker 900 RE
    2019 900 Rally Edition , Black w/Yellow Panels

Spyder Garage

Wow, that looks like it would be real comfortable to my bony @ss. Too bad the price is above my budget. Looking forward to a review.

Spyder Garage

if you ryde 2up its better when the driver seat is higher, 2inch on mine - now my girl has not so much pressure on her helmet..when we drive a little faster ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-kbtm6JEV8
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

GOT IT. Installation was about 20 minutes (15 with what I know now). A bracket at the front with 1 bolt thru a hole already there. Remove a clip in the back (with screwdriver) and 1 bolt thru into the bottom of the seat. Had a little problem lining the bolt up into the seat until I loosen the bracket bolt to give a little more wiggle room and then no problem. Just sitting on it felt so much better. Took it up the road and back and it definitely feels better than the comfort seat. Will take it on a more extended ride in the next couple of days and report.

Corbin1.jpg
    Corbin2.jpg
    Corbin3.jpg

Spyder Garage

That looks good and it looks comfy... I have the comfort seat and so far its been fine.

Spyder Garage

I should be able to let you know next week. Corbin just shipped out mine this morning, should have it by Monday. I too have the comfort seat now. I have no doubt I will like it as this will be my 5th Corbin saddle. Have one on my current Bolt and Grom and on a previous Moto Guzzi and Suzuki DR650. Been waiting over a year for them to come out with one, bought the comfort seat not knowing how long it would be.
    Will be looking forward to reading your review. Another Corbin fan here, but mine were on a GS and an RT.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Weather finally cleared up enough to go on a short ride. Went out for an hour, 21 miles, 50% paved road at 35 to 40 mph (my normal) and 50% dirt road. Felt great. I know some may not like Corbin, too expensive, too hard initially, too long to break in. But for me, I love it. Just fits me better than the OEM and Comfort. Is thicker (does sit you up higher just a hair) and offers a little more padding when I'm bouncing around on these dirt back roads with the potholes, ruts, rocks and bumps. If you've had Corbins before and liked them, this one will not disappoint. As stated earlier, I have had several and a big fan but my son doesn't like them … just an acquired taste I guess.

Spyder Garage

Weather finally cleared up enough to go on a short ride. Went out for an hour, 21 miles, 50% paved road at 35 to 40 mph (my normal) and 50% dirt road. Felt great. I know some may not like Corbin, too expensive, too hard initially, too long to break in. But for me, I love it. Just fits me better than the OEM and Comfort. Is thicker (does sit you up higher just a hair) and offers a little more padding when I'm bouncing around on these dirt back roads with the potholes, ruts, rocks and bumps. If you've had Corbins before and liked them, this one will not disappoint. As stated earlier, I have had several and a big fan but my son doesn't like them … just an acquired taste I guess.
    Thanks for the review! Like you Iv had Corbin before, i was hoping they would be as good
    on a Ryker. This about seals the deal for me .

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've been using a folded towel on my stock rally seat to get me 1 1/2 - 2" higher. Does the Corbin seat set you that much higher? I like the look of the seat and was thinking on buying one.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    I've been using a folded towel on my stock rally seat to get me 1 1/2 - 2" higher. Does the Corbin seat set you that much higher? I like the look of the seat and was thinking on buying one.
    I didn't measure before installing but you can see the difference in the middle picture in my first post. It feels about that much.

Spyder Garage

I had a Mustang Classic Solo on my Harley Road King. Loved it! This looks the same. Hhhmmmm upgrade opportunity for the 2020?
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Metallic Dark

Spyder Garage

I have a long history with Corbin seats starting back when Mike got out of the Navy. If they start making an upscale passenger seat to match I will buy a set.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jhjohnson View Post
    I have a long history with Corbin seats starting back when Mike got out of the Navy. If they start making an upscale passenger seat to match I will buy a set.
    Took over a year before someone loaned them a bike to make the driver seat. So it depends if anyone loans them a bike and how much interest they get.

Spyder Garage

Fathers day present , got to order my Cobin seat! Now the hard part, I wait.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CsOldGrayDog View Post
    Fathers day present , got to order my Cobin seat! Now the hard part, I wait.
    Did they give you an estimated ship date when you ordered?

Spyder Garage

They are about 4 weeks out, could be 3 if i get lucky.. was the estimate. Amazon has ruined my ability to wait.

Spyder Garage

So with the name solo seat it made me think it would not be compatible with the passenger seat , but all the pictures look like there would be no reason it would not work with a passenger seat , will it?

Spyder Garage

Its shown on the rally with the rear support, poli has a rally as well. What you put on the rear support, seat , bag etc should make no difference. In this case i think 'solo' is used to note its not a dual passager seat. (King, Queen seat)

Spyder Garage

aftermarket seats sure are costly.........just my observation.
    Don't get mad at me if you don't like my answer.....