Spyder Garage

Default Anyone used Saddlebags without supports on their F3-S??

Has anyone ever used saddlebags on a 2015 F3-S without adding side supports such as the easy brackets? Is it possible to put the straps under the passenger seat? I am guessing the strap would need modifying to accommodate the hardware under the seat but maybe possible. If anyone has done this kind of setup would be interested in brand of saddlebags used. Thanks!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have seen quite a few that resemble those that are used for horseback riding .... ie. the bags attach to each other via a wide connecting strap .... could go over the seat or under the seat ...... look on E-bay ..... they are made from various materials ..... leather , canvas, heavy duty vinyl etc. ... come in different sizes ..... good luck .... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-27-2022 at 07:57 PM. Reason: canvass - canvas

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

I initially went this way with the Cortech bags, nothing went under the seat and you can see how i secured them. I did this for a trip from Northern Canada to New Orleans, worked great but not waterproof so I eventually went over to the Shad hard bags.
    Untitled.jpg

Spyder Garage