Spyder Garage

Default Lost Seat! Anyone got a spare?

A call for help to my fellow Spyder Riders. Because of the overwhelming use of the postal system, a seat for my '17 F3 Limited that is going to Laam motorcycle shop to get new foam, is somewhere in the postal system- its a loooonnng story. Even with tracking they aren't sure where - so why do they call it tracking??? I digress. It could be weeks before it gets to its destination at Seth Laam's seat shop.

I'm wondering if anyone has a set of seats for a '17 F3 Limited just laying around that I can use or rent or buy for a good price til my seat gets found and done. I know a weird request. Yes its insured but that could take another 6-8 weeks to get resolved. If not and you ride down a street in Glen Ellyn IL and see a guy sitting at the bottom of his driveway in full ATGATT crying - IT'S ME!!!. Thanks Mat
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-18-2020 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Title clarification

Spyder Garage

Ouch Sorry to hear but more than likely the numbers were misread, they scan fine during normal process but on search they missed something advise Leam & ask for some confirmation of arrival when they get it

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

It doesn't have to be seats from a '17 - as far as I know, all years F3L seats are alike. Good luck.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

RICZ, got the same bike - started with a chrome model but started swapping out to black. Had the passenger footrest powder coated black- that made a big difference. I'm pretty sure you're right, F3 seats are the same, maybe the 1st years were different.

bfromla, put a call in to him today, it should have been there and back by now! But I'm sure USPS has a lot more going on these days than before.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

With all the rain we just got , you still have some time.

Have you checked Ebay if you need a seat now?

Spyder Garage

pm sent

Spyder Garage

I have one 2017 F3 Limited. new condition. Message me
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Things shipped via USPS are insured ..... tell them to re-place it ..... good lick .... Mike

Spyder Garage

I'm in Euclid, Ohio. Not sure where you are located. I'll just give you my stock seats if you're able to pick up. Seats are from my "16 F3T. Email me at lloyd_wimbish@yahoo.com if interested.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lloydw1 View Post
    I'm in Euclid, Ohio. Not sure where you are located. I'll just give you my stock seats if you're able to pick up. Seats are from my "16 F3T. Email me at lloyd_wimbish@yahoo.com if interested.
    What's that, maybe a 12.5-13+ hour round trip ryding fm Glen Ellyn Illinois??

Only problem I can see is ryding all that way to pick them up without a seat!?!

Sorry lloyd, not denigrating your very kind offer in the least, but I just hadta! The mental image of that ryde was juuust too much!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-18-2020 at 09:02 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I sent my seat to Laam in March. Rode for 2 weeks on a 2 inch thick piece of foam and a square couch pillow. Wasn't to bad since I still had my driver backrest on. Yeah and recently the usps lost my package of masks I orderd. Took 2 weeks to find it. Glad I sent my seats FedEx.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Very Active Member Martin Slovakia's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Can you imagine that I have ordered few items from sling mods and from RLS to Europe no idea where are they, even we have tracking numbers... its crazy.
    to mstella101, i would borrow you mine - 2015 F3s, maybe they can fit, but i think its not a good idea to **** it from Slovakia
    cross fingers for you, i can feel the pain from not being able to rYde

Spyder Garage

Just an update, thanks to AY4B my issue for a seat would be resolved. I called Seth Laam and he told me the seat came in yesterday to his shop. Almost 2 weeks late but it got there. So again thanks for all the responses back and a special big shoutout to AY4B- Bill you are great. Thanks, Mat

Spyder Garage

Thank you for the update. Not everyone does that here.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red