Spyder Garage

Default 2020 RTL left side power accessory connector

found the power connector behind the left upper tupperware. has a connection that is what i would say is not common to various devices that you would plug into. so, i want to connect a garmin 396 gps device to it. do i just cut off the connector and hardwire into the power source or find the plug-in thats works with the bike wiring?..

Spyder Garage

Cut and replace with what matches the Garmin.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

tks, just what i was going to do but needed stamp of approval from fellow spyder

Spyder Garage

Motorwest on anazon.7.99 shipped. About 5 days. Used to hook up my Garmin xt neat and quick.
    MotorWest performance C112-EV1 male fuel injector connection with attached pigtail.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by baxter View Post
    found the power connector behind the left upper tupperware.
    There is also a power source (keyed) on the right side behind the right upper tupperware.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

left side is hot with the key but you have to run a separate ground the other wire in connector does not go to ground.... ask me how I know!

Spyder Garage

One pin in this connector has about 3.5 volts to ground, the other has battery voltage to ground. Proceed with caution. Started looking at the wiring diagram to find out what this connector is for, need to start searching again.

Spyder Garage

ok got my attention. i hardwired the garmin connector up to this and checked with key on and the orange colored wire hot green not. checked the other end of the garmin connector in the cradle and same. rode around for about ten minutes and garmin worked and nanny was happy too.

Spyder Garage

today the garmin did not power up. checked the cradle power connector and no power. in line fuse in garmin wiring ok. back to drawing board.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by baxter View Post
    found the power connector behind the left upper tupperware. has a connection that is what i would say is not common to various devices that you would plug into. so, i want to connect a garmin 396 gps device to it. do i just cut off the connector and hardwire into the power source or find the plug-in thats works with the bike wiring?..
    When you say "left side" you do mean left as when sitting on the Spyder?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jeromeb View Post
    Motorwest on anazon.7.99 shipped. About 5 days. Used to hook up my Garmin xt neat and quick.
    MotorWest performance C112-EV1 male fuel injector connection with attached pigtail.
    Did you connect this on the left side or right side?

Spyder Garage

left as in sitting position

Spyder Garage

Left side red to orange on ev1 or drecct splice. Garmin black to nearby ground. Check garmin cradle's pins top pin to gound should be 5-6 volts. Bottom pin should be o volts. Gps should power up on engine start and show charge on battery status. Will show loss of power message on engine cut off.