Spyder Garage

Default Ceramic Exterior Coating

Just curios, has anybody used a ceramic exterior coating on their bike? I just learned about this and am quite intrigued by this coating. Supposedly, it hardens the paint, and seals the pores, and hakes it look a deeper color. I know nothing about paint, other than it needs to washed and waxed occasionally. So if any of you car/bike show gurus could provide any information I certainly would appreciate it.

Thanks
    Rick
    USAF MSgt, Retired
    2018 F3 Intense Red
    Squared Away Lasar alignment, TricLED Headlights, Foglights,Safety Bundle with Turn Module, BajaRon Sway Bar,Squared Away Mirror Wedges, Stebel Air Horn, Dash Turn Indicators, TricLED USA Flag
    2018 F3L , Intense Red

Spyder Garage

From what I understand, you cannot let water spots dry on it. They are very hard to remove. This stuff is best for garage queens(cars). That said, the few times you get caught out in the rain, you should be able to maintain a spyder.

Spyder Garage

Labor intensive if done correctly. Spray on or quick application claims are not the real deal.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Once you've put this Ceramic Exterior Paint Coating stuff on, you really want to hope you never need to 'paint match' or re-paint ever again.....

Cos it almost certainly won't be easy, if at all possible?!?
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Many thanks for the three responses. I'd wondered about the product(s).
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

wife and i have it on our bikes its wonderful bugs just wipe off i we had it done i rode to blairsville georgia to copperhead lodge a few weeks ago got pretty buggy got in some rain on way home bugs all gone love it ps very biker freindly lots of great riding there

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Garage Queens....love it!
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My bike is definitely not a garage queen (19k miles), and I applied it to my bike 18 months ago. It looks great and I do not have a problem with water spots if they get on the bike. I can simply spray detailer on it or wash it and they come off. It helps to make the bugs easier to come off. The application for a bike really isn't that hard. Once the paint is prepped and any imperfections corrected, it is just a little longer than a good wax job to apply. The only issue is that you need to let the bike sit for 3-5 days afterwards to let it seal properly. It is pretty much like adding an additional layer of clear coat. I intend on doing my Vmax next, but it is hard to stay off the bike and let it sit. Once I clean it up, I just want to ride it.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

I've applied it to my 2012 RT my BMW and SUV LOVE IT!! It seals and protects everything even the black plastics! Washing is a breeze dirt and grime lift right off,tremendous beading and shine ..I will never use a traditional wax ever again!!...

Spyder Garage

Did it to my 2015 RTS and I like it so far. Bug removal is much easier.

No problem water spots .
    2021 RTL Marsala Dark Edition 4.13.2021
    Lamonster Riser
    Spyder Extras Docking station
    Zumo XT (my own Plug & Play cable)
    WrapMySpyder Carbon fiber partial kit.
    Baja Ron ultra performance sway bar and end links

2015 RTS SM6 Intense Red
    born on date 3/2015 (mine on 9/12/15)
    Sold on 4.13.2021 33k of fun.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

sorry chris no garage or trailer queens here my wife is on her third spyder with over 15000 miles on her 18 rt i currently have a 96 fatboy with well over 50000 a 11 limited with over 70000 a 15 se limited with over 25000 a 16 tb f3 with over 15000 and a 17 se limited with over 45000

Spyder Garage

The only time you have to worry about rain spots is in the first 48hrs.after applying, the ceramic coating has to cure. I recently did my 2020 Silverado and a quick wash now is in a self serve car wash with the hose on rinse truck comes out spotless.

Spyder Garage

what brands are you guys using and just how hard is the application
    :
    : 2017 RTL ORBITAL BLUE

Spyder Garage

Try products from Torque Detail. Easy on, dries during buffing - I use it on my golf cart, my SUV, and my Spyder.
    They have "How To" articles and videos on the site.
    https://www.torquedetail.com/collect...car-wax-sprays
    I am not connected to the company in any way - just use several of their products.

Spyder Garage

I used C.QUARTZ, CQ.UK3.0 . This is made by Carpro. I got this recommendation from a pro bike detailer who really knows his stuff. The key is prepping the bike and painted surface before applying the ceramic coat. Any imperfections left on the paint, will be sealed onto the paint. As I stated before, it is like applying another coat of clear to the surface

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Have it on the spyder & indian, put it on my helmet & just this week i repolished the aluminum on my trailer & put the stuff on. keeps my bikes clean so i am happy with it for the past few years.

Spyder Garage

I use it on all of my vehicles and bikes. I Used the Avalon King Armor Shield. The biggest part is the prep and the wait time for it to cure. I applied to coats to my bikes and car/truck. My Car and Truck sit outside and so far so go. Like others have said, it does make cleaning the bike a lot easier, especially the bugs. And with this weekend coming up Im sure Armor Shield will be on sale. I got mine for $40/bottle. You only need 1 bottle for a RT Spyder.
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

Well, I commented above about my love for ceramic coat. Yesterday I had an encounter that surely would have left a large mark if it had not been for ceramic coat. I was on my way back from visiting a client when the car in front of me hit a deer carcass in the road. It was mostly decomposed, but about a 10" length of leg bone flew up and whacked my right mirror really hard, going about 60 mph. I was afraid to even look before I got home. After about 15 more miles I arrived home to see that the impact had separated the mirror into 3 parts and it was covered with blood and hair residue. I sprayed it down good with some detailer and snapped everything back together. Now it looks as good as new. I will check this morning to make sure that no tabs were broken on the impact, but I know there would have been scratches all on the surface if not for the ceramic coat.

Spyder Garage

I bought a 2010 GMC two years ago, its silver and the dealer had put ceramic coating on it. all I do is wash it and it looks like it just came from the detailer. no Can Am yet.
    Jay D.