Spyder Garage

Default SAE Connector port on front panel?

Has anyone added a SAE connector to their front panel then run an extension to the battery. I have a 2012 RT SM5. For the last few years I have had mine hanging out from under the seat. Thought it was time to do something more permanent. Found a couple of panel attachments on Amazon but not crazy about them. Thanks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by motopilgrim View Post
    Has anyone added a SAE connector to their front panel then run an extension to the battery. I have a 2012 RT SM5. For the last few years I have had mine hanging out from under the seat. Thought it was time to do something more permanent. Found a couple of panel attachments on Amazon but not crazy about them. Thanks.
    If you are not crazy about them now, don't do them. You wont be anymore crazy about them later. I think if I were to do this I would place the plug in the side panel just in front of where it begins to curve for the side bag lip. Put it down low just above where it joins the black rubber panel. Less noticeable there. I have not done this and have no desire to, just what I would do if I did want to do it. Line coming out from under seat works good for me. When not in use I just shove it under the lip of the seat.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the advice Paul..

Jerry

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm with pegasus1300 here. Mine comes directly off the battery with a 15 amp fuse and then out (or in) under the seat, however i want it. I did a gauge-ectomy on the dash with two 12v USB outlets to charge phone, GPS or intercoms. The SAE connector from under the seat runs the battery tender at home, or heated clothing when riding.